Where is the line for the Fed $? I want to get in line.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Engineer
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: Skoorb
All I want is a million, who's even going to notice it gone?

Hell, I'd take a half or less...

Just give me enough to pay my mortgage off. Guess you dont get any bonus for being responsible and paying your bills.

No, you really don't.

Since I paid off my mortgage and cars years early (6 years - 8 months to pay off a 30 year mortgage), I guess I don't get to be in line for the handouts. Should have wasted the money on cheap, Chinese crap.

Yep, you and I are suckers and now we're going to pay for our misdeeds.

The only debt my wife and I have is a puny HELOC for some remodeling. We have a small house in the city, but we really should have bought a McMansion we didn't need and couldn't afford in the suburbs years ago. We also only have one car. How stupid of us! I should have bought that Lexus when credit was easy.

idiotekniQues

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2007
Originally posted by: Dari
George W. Bush: starting a fake war for the defense industry and now he's helping out his buddies on Wall Street. Now the "conservatives" are shocked, shocked at what they're seeing as greed by other industries who want a piece of the action.

amen brotha.

kinda funny but very sad.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
I think the gist of it, Cad, is that states, and now municipalities are now suffering from the same credit crunch that seems to be driving this crisis. Selling bonds to raise funds and obtaining bridge loans just aren't happening with all of the banks hoarding their cash, etc.

I don't agree with it, but likely that's the scenario.

Yeah, i get that. However, it's not the Fed's job to bail everyone out who might be going through a rough patch. And since it's gotten to the city level(atleast the begging), then I want to start a movement to beg for individual bailouts because I want some cheese too!...

You do? :confused:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
I think the gist of it, Cad, is that states, and now municipalities are now suffering from the same credit crunch that seems to be driving this crisis. Selling bonds to raise funds and obtaining bridge loans just aren't happening with all of the banks hoarding their cash, etc.

I don't agree with it, but likely that's the scenario.

Yeah, i get that. However, it's not the Fed's job to bail everyone out who might be going through a rough patch. And since it's gotten to the city level(atleast the begging), then I want to start a movement to beg for individual bailouts because I want some cheese too!...

You do? :confused:

Sure. I'm HOPING for some CHANGE.... Hell, if everyone else is getting some cheese because they are "struggling" or in "bad shape" then why shouldn't those of us who have done things right get some cheese too?

But no, I don't want some cheese. I'm merely trying to highlight the absurdity of all the begging. The Fed has no business bailing out states and cities - let alone businesses.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
The Fed has no business bailing out states and cities - let alone businesses.

And to top it off, the money they are using is being printed up, deflating the money in your wallet.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
I hear the secret is to dress up in a $1000 suit and claim you are the ceo of a failing company. Make sure to have the crocodile tears going about how you can't let your workers, the average american, become unemployed. While at the same time planning your vacation on your blackberry and writing checks to your underlings for millions to pay for their dedication to the company.