Where is the line for the Fed $? I want to get in line.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Cities too? WTF!? How far will this BS go? Just turned on the TV and it was on FoxNews(I don't usually watch it) and they had some guy on Cavuto's show from one of the cities that is begging for money suggesting that it's the Fed's responsibility to help them. Oh really? Since when is the Fed supposed to be on the hook for you city's incompetence? Since when is the Fed on the hook for private or public businesses? Cities? States?
When can I get in line for some cheese?

now with linking

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Cities too? WTF!? How far will this BS go? Just turned on the TV and it was on FoxNews(I don't usually watch it) and they had some guy on Cavuto's show from one of the cities that is begging for money suggesting that it's the Fed's responsibility to help them. Oh really? Since when is the Fed supposed to be on the hook for you city's incompetence? Since when is the Fed on the hook for private or public businesses? Cities? States?

Please let me know if you find out, I would like to get in line behind you.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
Unless you guys have your own personal lobbyists, or are currently an exec at Goldman Sachs, I don't see it happening.

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: BigDH01
Unless you guys have your own personal lobbyists, or are currently an exec at Goldman Sachs, I don't see it happening.

We could always lobby for each other ;)

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
All I want is a million, who's even going to notice it gone?

Hell, I'd take a half or less...

Just give me enough to pay my mortgage off. Guess you dont get any bonus for being responsible and paying your bills.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
They aught to just give every family one money printing machine. That will fix all these problems.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Originally posted by: charrison

Just give me enough to pay my mortgage off. Guess you dont get any bonus for being responsible and paying your bills.

Yep, those of us who are responsible types are now gonna be responsible for those who aren't. When will the money printers wear out.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: cliftonite

Please let me know if you find out, I would like to get in line behind you.

I am a selfish bastid. I will get in line right in front of you. Then try to deny you any money I recieved :D

Oct 30, 2004

You'll know that the apocalypse is coming for sure if they ever end up having to bail out the phone sex businesses.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
An oldie but goodie, so good I've posted it twice in two months.

:music:
Oh the price of gold is rising out of sight
And the dollar is in sorry shape tonight
What the dollar used to get us
Now won't buy a head of lettuce
No the economic forecast isn't right
But amidst the clouds I spot a shining ray
I can even glimpse a new and better way
And I've demised a plan of action
Worked it down to the last fraction
And I'm going into action here today

CHORUS:
I am changing my name to Chrysler
I am going down to Washington D.C.
I will tell some power broker
What they did for Iacocca
Will be perfectly acceptable to me
I am changing my name to Chrysler
I am headed for that great receiving line
So when they hand a million grand out
I'll be standing with my hand out
Yes sire I'll get mine

When my creditors are screaming for their dough
I'll be proud to tell them all where they can all go
They won't have to scream and holler
They'll be paid to the last dollar
Where the endless streams of money seem to flow
I'll be glad to tell them what they can do
It's a matter of a simple form or two
It's not just renumeration it's a liberal education
Ain't you kind of glad that I'm in debt to you

CHORUS

Since the first amphibians crawled out of the slime
We've been struggling in an unrelenting climb
We were hardly up and walking before money started talking
And it's sad that failure is an awful crime
Well it's been that way for a millenium or two
But now it seems that there's a different point of view
If you're a corporate titanic and your failure is gigantic
Down to Congress, there's a safety net for you

- Tom Paxton

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Quit your job and get your name on the list for that wealth redistribution.

It's the Dem's version of trickle-down economics.

Mark R

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Fed $ Application form

I'm currently stuck on where it says 'Type of Company'. I'm not sure what to put - I was thinking of just putting sole trader, but I'm not sure that I qualify for that. Please help.

Also, there isn't a mailing address given - where am I supposed to mail it.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Mark R
Fed $ Application form

I'm currently stuck on where it says 'Type of Company'. I'm not sure what to put - I was thinking of just putting sole trader, but I'm not sure that I qualify for that. Please help.

Also, there isn't a mailing address given - where am I supposed to mail it.

Holy tomatos! The Treasury put the form on line? They's gonna get swamped.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The usual rightwingers seem to be having a lot of fun wrt various bailout efforts, obfuscating the reasons for them.

Think of it as some of the hair of the dog that bit you, the only way to ease the pain of an incredible financial hangover brought on by a lot of deregulated easy-money fast-buck Global Economy! Free Market! Rah! Rah! Rah!

Sudden withdrawal can kill junkies and alkys, and it can apparently kill financial institutions, even whole economies, as well...

Don't blame your own excess the night before, just snarl at the guy who served you the first drink the next morning. Evil bastard. See if you can control the shakes enough to knock it back... Start raving when he won't serve you more than a couple...

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
The usual rightwingers seem to be having a lot of fun wrt various bailout efforts, obfuscating the reasons for them.

Think of it as some of the hair of the dog that bit you, the only way to ease the pain of an incredible financial hangover brought on by a lot of deregulated easy-money fast-buck Global Economy! Free Market! Rah! Rah! Rah!

Sudden withdrawal can kill junkies and alkys, and it can apparently kill financial institutions, even whole economies, as well...

Don't blame your own excess the night before, just snarl at the guy who served you the first drink the next morning. Evil bastard. See if you can control the shakes enough to knock it back... Start raving when he won't serve you more than a couple...

I take you for one of those that show up a week early for your place at the beginning of the line? But I do agree with you that the dems have fucked things up really good.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

No, you really don't.

Since I paid off my mortgage and cars years early (6 years - 8 months to pay off a 30 year mortgage), I guess I don't get to be in line for the handouts. Should have wasted the money on cheap, Chinese crap.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
I think the gist of it, Cad, is that states, and now municipalities are now suffering from the same credit crunch that seems to be driving this crisis. Selling bonds to raise funds and obtaining bridge loans just aren't happening with all of the banks hoarding their cash, etc.

I don't agree with it, but likely that's the scenario.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
George W. Bush: starting a fake war for the defense industry and now he's helping out his buddies on Wall Street. Now the "conservatives" are shocked, shocked at what they're seeing as greed by other industries who want a piece of the action.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Ozoned
Originally posted by: Jhhnn

I take you for one of those that show up a week early for your place at the beginning of the line? But I do agree with you that the dems have fucked things up really good.

Heh. That's the other aspect of mental disease I hadn't mentioned- Denial.

Yeh, it was teh ebil Libruhls who forced Wall St to rake in those huge profits and salaries, completely disregard any common sense evaluation of risk. Practically poured whiskey down their throats... held a gun to their heads... yeh, musta been that way...

And it musta been the Dems waitin' at the door when the bar opened the next morning, dyin' for another drink, on credit, of course- not the banks, the investment houses, the FRB, the Bush Admin... We all know they wouldn't have got so drunk if teh ebil libruhls hadn't forced 'em to do it...

Couldn't have been a rerun of an ideology that's tripped over its own dick time and time again... an ideology designed not to govern, but merely to sell while making a very few very much richer...

Yeh, so-called conservatives bear no personal responsibility for being greedy short-sighted suckers, chumps, and rubes, voting for that lovely song and dance routine time and time again...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
I think the gist of it, Cad, is that states, and now municipalities are now suffering from the same credit crunch that seems to be driving this crisis. Selling bonds to raise funds and obtaining bridge loans just aren't happening with all of the banks hoarding their cash, etc.

I don't agree with it, but likely that's the scenario.

Yeah, i get that. However, it's not the Fed's job to bail everyone out who might be going through a rough patch. And since it's gotten to the city level(atleast the begging), then I want to start a movement to beg for individual bailouts because I want some cheese too!...

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000

nope, heard on the radio someone who had a shaky mortgage deal was told to rack up a ton of CC debt and then they would qualify for a bailout...whereas people like me that bought less than they can afford get the shaft.