Where is the Crysis Patch?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: misle
I was flipping thru the channels and G4 is having a Christmas Buyers guide for games. Crysis was on the 'Games to Avoid' list. They basically said that behind very pretty graphics, it was a pretty average shooter (which I agree with). They also said that if a person has a system that can run it, they already have it (which is also probably true).

That's funny... I wonder which list CoD 4 and Halo 3 were under.

**Not saying either are bad games, just that G4's stupid.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Imp
I was flipping thru the channels and G4 is having a Christmas Buyers guide for games. Crysis was on the 'Games to Avoid' list. They basically said that behind very pretty graphics, it was a pretty average shooter (which I agree with). They also said that if a person has a system that can run it, they already have it (which is also probably true).

Dunno, I just caught that part. The only reason I stopped on the channel is because Crysis was being shown.

I'll see if I can find it online.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
G4 is the debil

They destroyed Tech TV- I miss the old shows and the real tech news, now its just advertising dollars at work for the big game companies.

I wonder what Marty is up to these days after they fired him after the merger. Adam Sessler probably has to take pain meds to cope with working for these retards.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I didnt like G4 before they took over Tech TV and I certainly didnt like G4 after they took over. Its one of the lamest channel/station I've ever seen.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Timecop1967
I'm waiting for Stalker 2 due out 1st quarter 08 for single player action. More outside levels+improved AI according to their website. After Crysis puts out a patch and the price comes down may pick up that title as well.

I wasnt aware they had a sequel coming out so soon. I'll have to watch for it. Thanks for the info! :)

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Pugnate
I thought Crysis was awesome. And G4 continue their stupidity.

G4 may be dumb, but they were 100% right on their assessment of Crysis.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Imp

Cod4 is multiple times better at this point than Crysis. Halo 3 is a must buy for many people simply for the multi player it offers for a console gamer.

Delta6Echo

Jun 1, 2007
Originally posted by: wrangler
waiting for shills from incrysis to come in here and tell everyone the game is the greatest ever, doesn't need a patch and runs all on high 1680 @ 30fps if you'll just run it DX9 with hacked configs and the game has no bugs whatsoever.

(grabs popcorn)

lol

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
Only 90,000 copies sold? :Q That's pretty disappointing.

Yes, but expected at least what I expected. People who followed it knew whether they could play it or not and many of those gamers decided to wait. The others who didn't follow the game may have skipped it because it's "just another fps"

yanquii

Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: cmdrdredd
Originally posted by: Pugnate
I thought Crysis was awesome. And G4 continue their stupidity.

G4 may be dumb, but they were 100% right on their assessment of Crysis.

Absolutely. Crysis was a huge disappointment, and i was running an 8800 Ultra at the time I played it.

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
What do you need a patch for, have you not finished the game yet? I'll come back to it in a year when it'll be playable on high detail.

Pugnate

Jun 25, 2006
Crysis is a great game, fantasticly open ended with tons of emergent moments. I can't think of too many shooters that were better. Honestly, what was better?

I've long stopped respecting the opinions of the PC gamers on this forum since I saw the vast majority didn't enjoy stellar titles like F.E.A.R. and Bioshock.

I think some people want their games to give them oral sex on the side.

Halo 3 is a must buy for many people simply for the multi player it offers for a console gamer.

There you go. Makes a lot more sense why you wouldn't like Crysis.

The fact that you can recommend a game like Halo 3, just takes away any credibility of your opinion.

Halo 3 was a solid title, but how has the series at all changed since Halo 1? Heck, they still haven't even built a new engine.

As for COD4, it had an amazing SP campaign, but it was 5 hours. That's pretty sad.

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
Bioshock got over-hyped by all the glowing reviews. I liked it but it wasn't anywhere near a 10/10 or 9.8/10. Crysis, on the otherhand, was phenomenal.

I also love Halo 3, mainly because two of my closest friends that live thousands of miles from me play it and it's a great way to keep in touch and just flat out have fun gaming There's also nostalgia for the good ole' days of Halo:CE, and XBox Live is perfect for social gaming.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I didn't have any issues with the game. I thought it was one of the best games ever until I got to the caves. Then it went down hill... Maybe a patch will help that last 20% of the game but I really doubt it.