Where is the Crysis Patch?

JorynnRace

Sep 7, 2007
So it has been, what, a month since Crysis was released and there still isn't a patch? I only played a few hours of it before deciding to wait until the patch comes out. I can play with everything on very high at 1280x960, but even at that everything looks like boxes on my 24" monitor...

I realize the patch will not likely make it possible to run at very high with a higher resolution, but still, it should be slightly improved.

I'm just glad there are so many other games to play right now to keep my time occupied. (Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, COD4 etc etc).

I guess they said it would be out "in the next few weeks"... but come on... where's the love Crytech?

In the meantime, I might have to put it on high and see if I can crank up the res.

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
just put the game in a drawer and take it out a year from now. dont waste your time.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Haven't played Crysis, but I'd rather have a quality patch that takes longer over a shitty patch that was rushed out.

wrangler

Nov 13, 1999
waiting for shills from incrysis to come in here and tell everyone the game is the greatest ever, doesn't need a patch and runs all on high 1680 @ 30fps if you'll just run it DX9 with hacked configs and the game has no bugs whatsoever.

(grabs popcorn)

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
I'm sure the horrible sales aren't helping at all....sad really. But ya its a chicken and egg kind of situation. Lots won't buy it til its patched or they have hardware good enough to run it but that can delay a patch because nobody is buying the game and they don't have the resources to support the game.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
i wonder how much crysis cost to develop. based on a 90,000 sales figure, and assuming crytek gets $30/sale (not sure how much of the $50-60 retailers and publisher chop off), crytek would only net $2.7M which doesn't seem like much for blockbuster game :(

by the way, how did the phrase "blockbuster" originate?

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
i wonder how much crysis cost to develop. based on a 90,000 sales figure, and assuming crytek gets $30/sale (not sure how much of the $50-60 retailers and publisher chop off), crytek would only net $2.7M which doesn't seem like much for blockbuster game :(

by the way, how did the phrase "blockbuster" originate?

Perhaps from the movies where people would line up around the block to get in, think Star Wars the first time around.

JorynnRace

Sep 7, 2007
No the game doesn't NEED a patch, I could play it start to finish too, but I'd rather wait and get a bit more performance.

I want it all. I want pretty and fast. I want cake... and to eat it too.

Is that too much to ask? heh

EvilComputer92

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2004
I'm enjoying the game's single player part a lot. One of the best single player games I've played in a while. It runs alright on a 8800gt at 1280x1024 with all details high, get about 25-40 fps. I haven't tried the game's multiplayer out, but the single player game seemed relatively bug free.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: coloumb
Game needs a patch? It ran fine from start to finish for me. /shrug

You're damn straight the game NEEDS a patch. And not I'm not talking performance. Here is where I've been stuck: link. I tried everything.

I was laughing at how many kids at the crysis forum were crying about a patch because they swear it'll give them a 40fps boost, but now I'm pissed that they won't release a patch soon at least to deal with the bugs like I'm having. That should be primary on their list of patches. SLI improvements, and other performance improvements should be secondary.

Oh, well! I didn't wanna use a savegame but I don't have any other options now.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: bigrash
Crytek announced today that patch won't come out until maybe January: link

Grrr... that's BS. While I've finished Crysis already, I've been waiting for the patch to maybe fix/improve "stuff" before I give it another go. Guess I'll forget about that for a while...

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: JorynnRace
No the game doesn't NEED a patch, I could play it start to finish too, but I'd rather wait and get a bit more performance.

I want it all. I want pretty and fast. I want cake... and to eat it too.

Is that too much to ask? heh

The cake is a lie

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
The patch isn't mandatory but it'd be nice to get some extra performance.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: BFG10K
The patch isn't mandatory but it'd be nice to get some extra performance.

crysis will be great in two years, just like Far Cry was. Two years of hardware catching up, and patches, should yield an amazing game.

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
I'm pissed... I have a 24'incher and am forced to lower the visuals, even with sli because sli doesn't work for snot in crysis. I think if you are willing to shell out the green to play the latest and greatest, the latest and greatest should work!

Pugnate

Jun 25, 2006
I don't think a patch is necessary either, but it would be nice to boost my frames.

GO BUY CRYSIS!

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
I played Crysis all the way thru and yes it needs a patch. I had to restart a couple levels multiple times to get it to work right.

BTW, Crysis isn't that good. It's pretty good until you get to the mountain, then it turns to crap.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
I was flipping thru the channels and G4 is having a Christmas Buyers guide for games. Crysis was on the 'Games to Avoid' list. They basically said that behind very pretty graphics, it was a pretty average shooter (which I agree with). They also said that if a person has a system that can run it, they already have it (which is also probably true).

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I'm glad I'm waiting for the Xmas gift cards I always get. I'll buy Crysis after Xmas sometime. No big rush. Maybe get CoD4 first to give them time for a patch. I dont listen to G4 or anything they have to say. Much better and accurate info availble than them.

Timecop1967

May 17, 2007
I'm waiting for Stalker 2 due out 1st quarter 08 for single player action. More outside levels+improved AI according to their website. After Crysis puts out a patch and the price comes down may pick up that title as well.