Where do you prefer to reserve domain names?

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
What is your preferred location? I used godaddy in the past, but I see now it looks like you have to get annual plan, driving up the cost. Anyone have any preferred place? Cheap is important, but I also don't want any problems when I need to transfer the domain name to some other place to host my website.

Thanks for any help!

turtile

Aug 19, 2014
What is your preferred location? I used godaddy in the past, but I see now it looks like you have to get annual plan, driving up the cost. Anyone have any preferred place? Cheap is important, but I also don't want any problems when I need to transfer the domain name to some other place to host my website.

Thanks for any help!

Google Domains.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Namecheap is my goto for all domains. Get free whois privacy too and service overall is pretty good.

Godaddy has bad history, such as CEO being an elephant poacher, and the company being for SOPA.

If you're looking to snatch domains that are expiring there is also snapnames. I've had good luck with that one.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Pubesoap.com still available. Are you sure you completed the registration successfully?

Doc SaltyNut's Pubesoap. All natural!

Some things just really go well together. I'm getting the feeling that OP has been playing a very successful, very long game with us here.