WHERE do You Get Your News?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Especially looking for international and alternative - but reliable - news sources . . .

And "OF course" name the domestic/military sources you like and trust.

Linking is appreciated and perhaps you could say WHY it's your favourite news source . . .

I like CBS and Dan Rather for domestic sources . . . BBC for international . . .

WeirdScience

Mar 22, 2003
BBC News 24, Channel 4 News and Sky News (All UK based). Channel 4 News offers the most balanced coverage IMHO, but you're unlikely to be able to get it anywhere other than the UK. However, if you have a reasonably fast connection you can go here http://www.channel4.com/news and on the bottom right there is a link to watch the previous news broadcast in .ram format.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Usually the BBC, the CBC and the Globe and Mail.

A friend sent me this site a few days ago and I've been reading it, but I am not sure how accurate that info is.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Domestic: NPR
International: BBC

(my local NPR station syndicates the BBC at night, how convenient! :D)

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by: dahunan
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak

Who is "phat sam"? He seems to be in Iraq, but are his reports accurate? Is he a reputable member of those forums?

He is a very intelligent man

Not in Iraq

Well respected in those forums.. you will get all the arrgument you can handle when you take him on.

I edited my post, because I didn't notice the BBC link at first, thus answering my own question.

Thanks for the reply anyway..

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
CNN, BBC, Washington Post and believe it or not, :QNPR:Q

CNN primarily because of reports from Walter Rodgers with 3-7CAV. BBC for the British perspective. Washington Post because of their location and contacts. NPR for an alternative view.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: ncircle
Fox, it's sensational! :D
Did you watch FOX while the Coalition was kicking in doors in S. Iraq?

It looked and sounded just like COPS. :p
(same announcer . . . it seemed . . . just missing the "bad boys, bad boys, whatchagonna do? . . ." )

:Q

:D

rolleye.gif

Any War-Blogger sites (Pro and Anti) that are particularly thorough?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: apoppin
Originally posted by: ncircle
Fox, it's sensational! :D
Did you watch FOX while the Coalition was kicking in doors in S. Iraq?

It looked and sounded just like COPS. :p
(same announcer . . . it seemed . . . just missing the "bad boys, bad boys, whatchagonna do? . . ." )

:Q

:D

rolleye.gif

Any War-Blogger sites (Pro and Anti) that are particularly thorough?

From MSNBC.com - War Blogger sites
So while the war in Iraq might only be beginning, the pundits of the Blogosphere can already register a victory. It?s a bloggers? world. We only link to it.