Where do YOU buy tires?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I need a new set of tires on my Explorer and am note sure where to shop for them. My local shop quoted me ~$770 for OEM tires and the local firestone dealer quoted me ~$650 for some Bridgestone 60,000 miles all weather radials.

Any advice on where to research and where to find deals on tires?

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Seconding Tirerack for research. I would have bought the tires there, but my local mechanic was cheaper. I called a few other dealers and they were at least $100 more than my local mechanic, even with the $75 rebate on four tires that they were doing at the time. I went with Bridgestone Dueler Revos for my Blazer, they're great tires. I think the whole bill was about $440. My mechanic isn't a Bridgestone dealer, so I couldn't get the rebate, but it was cheap enough that I didn't care.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Find the best price @ tirerack then call Discount Tire Direct for price match and free shipping (if they are offering atm)!

lagvoid

Dec 4, 2000
I normally buy tires from tirerack.com or some other online tire discounter but just decided to buy them through costco. Ends up costing less through Costco after shipping and installation. For regular tires on factory wheels, I would go with costco if that is an option.

lagvoid

Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: DnetMHZ
I've always had good experiences with tirerack.

Same here, for some reason tires ship extremely fast!

FYI - theres a search option on tireracks website that lists tire installers in your area and their estimate rate per tire (~$10-20 per tire)

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
discount tire, and chances are there is a store near you.

I had to buy new tires for my Cobra and they were considerably cheaper than anywhere else and I called around to a lot of places. I will be buying my next set of tires from discount tire.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: lagvoid
Same here, for some reason tires ship extremely fast!

FYI - theres a search option on tireracks website that lists tire installers in your area and their estimate rate per tire (~$10-20 per tire)
Nice - there is a guy right around the corner from me!

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Sam's Club.

I've done the Tire Rack thing before, but that was when I had access to the machine to mount and balance tires myself.