"Where do they get young men like this??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
Originally posted by: DoctorPizza
Where do they get young men who are fathers at 19 and kill people?

The ghettos, I assume.

It would do you well to read the statement more carefully before posting trash like this.

Ryan

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

The ghettos, I assume.

Don't be such a troll in good thread like this.

swifty3

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Was any of this caught on video? Link to a clip?

I'd love to see it!

I dare say that these men know Christ!

Why r u drawing a conclusion like that? R u dense? A little slow perhaps? U don't have to "know christ" to be compassionate, or even have a sense of comraderie.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: swifty3

I'd love to see it!

Why r u drawing a conclusion like that? R u dense? A little slow perhaps? U don't have to "know christ" to be compassionate, or even have a sense of comraderie.

Why do people like you and Red Dawn have to be such asses about one man's opinion. Maybe they do know Christ. Hell, you cannot prove one way or the other that God exists or not. You have a 50% change of being right just like GTaudiophile.

Dangermouse33

Mar 9, 2001

The ghettos, I assume.

That was childish man, wasn't even called for!

You need to STFU!

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

The ghettos, I assume.

It's really too bad we can't use pompus,over fed,over educated tweerps like you as bait for the sand rats instead!

Shame on you for such a remark in this thread!

Tectron

Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by: arcitech2
We are here, defending yours, and our country. Every day I put on my uniform and drive to work, I see the empty piers, and the empty streets of the largest US Naval Base in the world, and realize that this is very big, and there are a lot of big hearts out there doing this for you, and your country. My turn is coming, and I'll go, not because I'm brainwashed, not becouse I'm a warmonger, but because I am an American, and a Sailor. Those Marines are going to come home, and bring that compassion and caring for others with them. My brother is there as we speak, I pray for him, and all who are enduring this war. Thanks to all who support us.

A personal thankyou from me to you and yours. I support all of you guys and gals.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Queasy
Link

Martin Savidge of CNN, embedded with the 1st Marine battalion, was talking with 4 young Marines near his foxhole this morning live on CNN. He had been telling the story of how well the Marines had been looking out for and taking care of him since the war started. He went on to tell about the many hardships the Marines had endured since the war began and how they all look after one another.
He turned to the four and said he had cleared it with their commanders and they could use his video phone to call home.
The 19 year old Marine next to him asked Martin if he would allow his platoon sergeant to use his call to call his pregnant wife back home whom he had not been able to talk to in three months. A stunned Savidge who was visibly moved by the request shook his head and the young Marine ran off to get the sergeant.
Savidge recovered after a few seconds and turned back to the three young Marines still sitting with him and asked which one of them would like to call home first, the Marine closest to him responded with out a moments hesitation ? Sir, if is all the same to you we would like to call the parents of a buddy of ours, Lance Cpl Brian Buesing of Cedar Key, Florida who was killed on 3-23-03 near Nasiriya to see how they are doing?.
At that Martin Savidge totally broke down and was unable to speak. All he could get out before signing off was ?Where do they get young men like this??.

Where do they get young men (and woman) like that?

From sea to shining sea....

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

The ghettos, I assume.

the same ghetto we got the boys we sent to make sure Britian didnt become part of the third reich

troll.......

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Millennium

I'd love to see it!

Why do people like you and Red Dawn have to be such asses about one man's opinion. Maybe they do know Christ. Hell, you cannot prove one way or the other that God exists or not. You have a 50% change of being right just like GTaudiophile.

I understood what Red Dawn said and I agree.
Why was Christ even mentioned? That person implied their actions were a direct result of their religious value. You do not need to believe in any religion to have good morals and values.
I also agree the bonding between soldiers is what prompted this act, not their uniform beliefs in theology. He was their brother, so to speak, and they thought of those that also cared for him like they do, their REALTIONSHIP with each other was the driving force, not God.

As far as the existence of "God", if you can PROVE to me he exists great, if not, feel free to BELIEVE what you wish but don't pretend any religion is based on anything but that. BELIEF..

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

I'd love to see it!

You know Millenium, you should be the very last person here to call someone an ass for critisizing anothers opinion.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001

The ghettos, I assume.
OK, that's worth a months vacation for trolling!

Not only a jackass, but one with a reading comprehension problem, too!

PS: way to go Mods

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

I'd love to see it!

You know Millenium, you should be the very last person here to call someone an ass for critisizing anothers opinion.

Well since this thread is completely jacked up anyway I would like to go ahead and state that it is very obvious that these guys are all Republicans. :D

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

I'd love to see it!

You have a big problem with Christians and I don't know why.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

I'd love to see it!

You have a big problem with Christians and I don't know why.
Christians, Muslims, Satanist, Nudists..all the same to me. As long as they aren't Funda Mental Cases I haven't a problem with them. The point of my original post was that the Comaraderie of Soldiers is what was in play with those guys, not their religious beliefs.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: DaveSohmer

Well since this thread is completely jacked up anyway I would like to go ahead and state that it is very obvious that these guys are all Republicans. :D
ROFL. Uh oh, now you've gone and done it. Bleep's on his way over here now. :D