Where capitalistic democracy has failed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Craig234
Instead, I see Libertarians more as unwitting enemies of democracy, serving the private tyrants of wealth in the US, by fighting the centralized power accountable to the vote

You cannot stand on the side of government and tell us you're fighting for the people. The two are polar opposites. Our government consists of a ruling class filtered by our political parties. These parties stand between the people and their government. They work against our interests and against the people.

Accountable to the vote? You hide behind what we seek to empower. How accountable is President Bush Craig? You are 1 out of 300 million people, and you can live over 2,000 miles away. It is our central government you seek to empower that removes power from the people.

Let's start with something very basic. Is a democracy more democratic the smaller it is?

I view the answer to that as yes. Therefore ? you can see what my intentions are when I want to localize our government?s authority. To bring it closer to the people ? yet you have the audacity to suggest we are ?unwitting enemies of democracy?.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: Craig234
Instead, I see Libertarians more as unwitting enemies of democracy, serving the private tyrants of wealth in the US, by fighting the centralized power accountable to the vote

You cannot stand on the side of government and tell us you're fighting for the people. The two are polar opposites. Our government consists of a ruling class filtered by our political parties. These parties stand between the people and their government. They work against our interests and against the people.

Accountable to the vote? You hide behind what we seek to empower. How accountable is President Bush Craig? You are 1 out of 300 million people, and you can live over 2,000 miles away. It is our central government you seek to empower that removes power from the people.

Let's start with something very basic. Is a democracy more democratic the smaller it is?

I view the answer to that as yes. Therefore ? you can see what my intentions are when I want to localize our government?s authority. To bring it closer to the people ? yet you have the audacity to suggest we are ?unwitting enemies of democracy?.

I completely agree :thumbsup: