Where can I maximum my upload speed ? (940 Mbps)

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Speedtest.net will test it. My upload is currently faster than my download by a bit. I'm too lazy to call Verizon to get it fixed.

ubern00b

Jun 11, 2019
As many as you specify in the program, 1 seed = 1 downloader you're uploading to, just dont set too many seeds (uploading) or peers (downloading from) as you can bog down your router with too many connections, 200 either way should be plenty to maximise both your download and upload/whichever you desire on a popular torrent, Ubuntu is a good one.

ubern00b

Jun 11, 2019
When things like upload and download speeds mattered to me I also used https://www.speedtest.net/ but ever since I got my dedicated t4 line....ehh...who worries about speed??
Speedtest is ok for an approximation of your lines capabilities though torrents are more of a real world test as opposed to a synthetic benchmark, plus I hate all the ads and extra cookies, tracking etc that speedtest.net asks you to opt out of these days :sleepy:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Speedtest is ok for an approximation of your lines capabilities though torrents are more of a real world test as opposed to a synthetic benchmark, plus I hate all the ads and extra cookies, tracking etc that speedtest.net asks you to opt out of these days :sleepy:
I totally agree!!

ubern00b

Jun 11, 2019
I totally agree!!
Crazy amount of ads, this took 4 screen shots to list them all I think they got bought out a while back and since then I just haven't cared for speedtest.net, shame as it's probably the most well known and popular speed test sight in recent memory!

Attachments

• snip1.JPG
    snip1.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 7
  • snip2.JPG
    snip2.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 7
  • snip3.JPG
    snip3.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 3
  • snip4.JPG
    snip4.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 4

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
Check with your internet provider, for two reasons. One is they may have their own test site and software utility you can get for free. Then it contacts just their test site for testing. The other is that, no matter where you reach out, the nearest link (that is, to your provider) may actually be the limiting factor unless it is faster than any other link along the net. And if it IS the fastest, then that's what you want to know - how fast is "not limited" fast?