Where can I get a pre-paid cell phone? Does 7-11 still have them?

Redwingsguy

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2000
I guess these would be easier to manage, anyone know how ruffly how much a minute they are?

thanks

Spicollidriver1

May 30, 2000
The experience I have had is that they are usually $20 for 50-60 minutes. Also you can get them at Best Buy,Target,Walmart,and other places like that. Reason why that would be better then say 7-11 is that you can get accessories and usually a better phone.

Redwingsguy

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2000
what section of bestbuy would they be at? I dont think I've seen them before, how much do I have to pay for the phone?

CrimsonKing

Apr 3, 2000
I was looking at BB the other day and this was their deal:
Nokia 5160 with AT&T service: $150, includes setup fees (regular AT&T is $99 + $25 activation).
The service is nationwide, no roaming or long distance. The rates were the strange part: the 30 minute card was cheaper than the hour card, and the 15 minute card was even cheaper (on a per-minute basis). I believe the rates were $12 for an hour, $5.50 for a half hour and $2 for 15 minutes. I know it sounds strange, but the salesman used the register and actually scanned each one for the price.

Hope that helps.

Redwingsguy

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2000
thnaks crimeson! Do you know if there are cheaper phones or if thats the only one, thanks!

CrimsonKing

Apr 3, 2000
I might have those prices wrong. I was just over at Office Depot and they actually had the AT&T cards out. $39.99 for an hour, $69.99. Not quite the same deal. So either the guy at Best Buy was an idiot, or. . .I dunno. . .

They also offer the Ericsson 588 (not sure of the letters). Didn't catch a price on that one, though. It's usually cheaper than the Nokia.