Where can I Download Counter-strike?

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
I just went there and the most reliable site (fileplanet.com) has it but you have to go through a crapload of registration before you get to it, and I don't want to waste my time with that, does anyone know of another reliable site with less crap to go through?

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
I've NEVER played CS. I think I might start.....see what all the hype's about.

KeyserSoze

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
anyone, anybody, there has to be someone that has it or knows of a reliable place to get it.

Lorax

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2000
right now you probably wont be able to get it... cs got pulled from many store shelves cuz of last weeks incident.

and v1.3 just came out, so all the sites are getting hammered.

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
I got it from fileplanet. All file sites were back loaded so I signed up for that "get your own server" crap from them. Lets just say I looked for 30 minutes for a place to load it and then after getting pissed I finally signed up on "my own server" and it downloaded in less then 15 minutes.

Now I just got to go back and cancel it.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Well... you can always post that file up on a website or something so people like me can have access to it without going through the same crap that you did. Or you can set it up for FTP on a server of your own for people like me to download! :)

just a hint...

~ThE KeEp~

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
i find it odd that your having trouble finding a mirror for counter-strike. theres like 9million of them. fileplanet reg takes like 2 minutes and it gives the optimal bandwidth for d/l

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
first you need Half Life (a "real" copy)

then download cs anywhere, you can start at counter-strike.net

danny~!

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
I have half life. The "real" version. Bought it right off the store shelf a couple years ago. I found a ton of mirror sites, like you said, Fileplanet seems to be the best, but you have to have a logon name and then when I log on I

A: cannot find the file I wanted to download.

----or-----

B: It won't let me download the file I want

??????? what now ????? anyone have a link that works? Either way in a few days it's going to be arriving at my doorstep, this happens everytime I have to format my machine, I have to spend days looking for the friggin file.

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
always asking for an easy way huh........well too bad! look for it yourself, just like I did and most of the cs players.

danny~! :D

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
thers two programs for fileplane.t one is that you pay and you have a server for you 24hr. another is public but you have to wait in line to use it. this prevents bandwidth clogs and bla bla bla. but fileplanet is the best, i always get the best speeds there

TheOmegaCode

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2001
I wouldn't suggest going to fileplanet, they suck now. Just look for ftp's. I've got some written down at home, but I'm not there right now...