Where are the calls from all the rights groups?

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005
Fatah al-Islam says it will continue its battle with the Lebanese army despite a ceasefire which has allowed thousands of civilians to flee the Nahr al-Bared refugee camp in northern Lebanon.

Where is all the angst from world leaders? From peace groups?

Surveying the devastation to his home yesterday, Omar Rashed, a 65-year-old retired teacher, said pointedly: "My house is civilian, not a military outpost.''

It must be okay because it wasn't Israelies indiscriminately bombing and shelling civilians because terrorist were hiding in the area. Notice how little the UN is doing about this mess?

Even after the truce was declared, the snipers were not completely silent. On the side of a road inside the camp, bodies of two people lay motionless. The Red Cross said they could retrieve them only if they were given assurances by the militants that they would not be fired on.

Silent is the UN, silent is Europe. Hell, even the Red Cross isn't making much of a fuss?

I wonder why? Could it be that the terrorists cannot be hounded by the press because, like, they don't give a rats ass? In other words, if Israel was doing this the Muslim world would be up in arms, protesting in the streets, European leaders would be beating their chests demanding Israel stop, the UN would be threatening Israel with sanctions and demanding monitors be put in place.

I say, sell these insane people more bullets.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
could it be that attacking a neighboring country is a much bigger issue than internal fighting?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Czar
could it be that attacking a neighboring country is a much bigger issue than internal fighting?
Yet it is the internal fighting that spills over into the "external" conflicts.

In the Balkans, the world got involved even though it was internal; possibly because of the religious /ethnic conflict?

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Yet it is the internal fighting that spills over into the "external" conflicts.

In the Balkans, the world got involved even though it was internal; possibly because of the religious /ethnic conflict?
mass killings and in europe is why

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I'd say it is the same reason why you rarely hear human rights groups go after African countries but rail on the United States whenever they get a chance.

Because railing on an Israel or United States gets you the headlines and donations.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

I see, so long as we bomb and kill our own citizens these groups dont care about the loss of human life.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Genx87

I see, so long as we bomb and kill our own citizens these groups dont care about the loss of human life.

Look at Iraq/Saddam. He was condemned for his Domestic acts, but when he invaded Kuwait everyone went Apeshit. It all depends on why you're killing your own Citizens, but when it comes to killing other nations citizens it becomes very controversial.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Heh. Nice display of mock piety from Shivetya.

It's not like the Lebanese are bombing their own bridges, telecom, airports and electical generation facilities...

They set out to apprehend bank robbers, which escalated. If the Syrians are "supporting" Fatah al-Islam, it's obviously not very well, otherwise they wouldn't be robbing banks to finance their operations... It's the kind of crime that the authorities will come down on very hard, no matter where it happens.

Obviously, it's very important to blame the Syrians for anything that goes wrong in Lebanon... never pass up the opportunity to apply the ol' terrarist tar brush...

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
nope.

They dont say anything because they know thier calls will fall on deaf ears. /thread.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I am surprise that there is anything left alive in Lebanon. If I was in charge everone in Lebanon would be dead and it would have been turned into Isreali Land.

---

If I were in charge, I would send anyone who posted like that elsewhere for awhile to think about how stupid and vile it is.

I am in charge, and I will if I see any similar posts in the future. Take the warning, or take a hike.

AnandTech Moderator

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
Lord knows things in Lebanon were light years ahead of where they are now when Israel actually had to govern it. Rights groups have no effing clue.

fornax

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Aisengard
Lord knows things in Lebanon were light years ahead of where they are now when Israel actually had to govern it. Rights groups have no effing clue.

It looks like the one without a clue is you. Did you know that things in France were very good when the Nazis governed them? Read some literature.

Further on the subject, several British newspapers point out that the Sunni militant group currently battling the Lebanese army was created and covertly supported by (gasp!) the US and Israel as a counterweight against the Shia Hezbollah. Another group, also created and supported by the US/Saudis, comes to mind - Al Qaeda, which we nourished and armed while it battled the Soviets in Afghanistan. Now look what happened.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: fornax
Originally posted by: Aisengard

It looks like the one without a clue is you. Did you know that things in France were very good when the Nazis governed them? Read some literature.

Further on the subject, several British newspapers point out that the Sunni militant group currently battling the Lebanese army was created and covertly supported by (gasp!) the US and Israel as a counterweight against the Shia Hezbollah. Another group, also created and supported by the US/Saudis, comes to mind - Al Qaeda, which we nourished and armed while it battled the Soviets in Afghanistan. Now look what happened.

The moral of the story is: Don't arm and support Islamic groups, as it usually tends to turn out bad.