Where are all the Good game Reviews these days?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Make your own.

Check out gameplay videos.
See what other games the game is compared to. Did you like any of those?
Start a discussion on AT regarding people's opinion of said game.
etc.

There is never going to be one review source that 100% aligns on your tastes, so just do some basic due diligence before diving in.

We're in a post scarcity world when it comes to software thanks to digital distribution, if you're really concerned about the quality of your purchases there is no need to pre-order or go all in on day 1.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I must be old, YouTube videos aren’t great sources of hardware or game reviews for me. For one it’s hard to take serious when the product is donated and the channel is supported by X products. Then you’re stuck by the reviewers gameplay style. Often times as many have mentioned here they just drag on with useless info.

3-4 hours later my mind is numb. I still rather look over Steam’s user reviews and discussion forum.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
I still rather look over Steam’s user reviews and discussion forum.

The Steam forum's have gotten progressively worse over the years when it comes to anecdotal feedback. One way or another it all comes back to personal attacks. If you want to see the worst of it look up "why don't people like the platforming?" which was started with the idea of venting about Doom Eternal being too "platformy."

"You actually don't like every aspect of this game? Then you must be a lazy, unskilled fool who shouldn't be playing games anyway!"

The mods and Steam support staff used to come off as good people. Now they behave like failed AI experiments.