Where am i headed? Advice?

Qua Sar

Jun 27, 2005
Hello,
I"m a sophmore in college and i'm an Information Systems major. I am probably (pretty much) going to go to Grad School but i'm not sure for what. I like the fact that i have a Information System background so i can be an admin or whatever. Yet, i am interested in all sorts of fields... Computer Security, Operating Systems etc. What do you guys suggest id o for grad school. Should i go towards an IS grad school field (if such a thing like that exists) or is the IS undergraduate enough for a fallback and do a CS Graduate program concentrating on Operating Systems or anything else really?

Thanks for your input,
Kamron

dmw16

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
What about systems engineering? that would give you some higher level system design background and probably some program management background too. Then you can pick your electives based on what you want to do. Be it security, information management, telecomm networks, etc.

Qua Sar

Jun 27, 2005
I am interesteed in Administration and Programming (possibly operating systems) and computer security... and stuff like that... i'm not sure what else off the top of my head... bu ti'm tryign to figure out what to do with grad school ... if i should go toward some type of IS program or CS program cause if i need CS i' need to start taking math courses relativly soon so i can even get in it.

angminas

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2006
Not completely topical, but be sure as you plan for the future that you don't forget the present. Many, many sophomores get too focused on what they'll do after graduation to make sure that they do the things necessary to get where they want to be. Just a reminder~

Qua Sar

Jun 27, 2005
That is some good advice and i consider it topical. I am aware of that though, but thanks :)