When your gas tank is on E

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sciencewhiz

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
I had a guy ask me for a quarter the other night. He ended up putting $1 of gas into his truck.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Under a dollar.. whatever change I could scrounge up from under the seat, etc. Left wallet at home meant to fill the tank that day and was running late on the way to work. It was better than running out of gas on the way back home.

Of course, I could have taken some office paper, and traded people packs of paper for a buck or two... then I could have gotten more gas. ;)

Apathetic

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
I buck something or other (from the change I found under the seats, etc). Yes, I was poor in college.

Dave

EmperorIQ

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: RMSistight
I have a bottle of Rescue Emergency Fuel in my trunk. I get 10 miles on it.

i was thinking of doing that, but not sure if it was safe or not. is it?

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
I always fill my tank up. No point in letting it run bone dry, cause eventually you will pay the same amount of money on gas. May as well have the confidence of more gas rather than no gas.

Feb 24, 2001
Free. Ran out of gas and the car didn't make it to the station, woops. Filled up a gatorade bottle and the girl inside said it didn't even register, said not to worry about it. Weeee

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
I usually gas up completely, but given my debt issues I've been cutting down on driving and trying to make the most of my mileage, so I've been only putting in small amounts to try and drive less. The least I've put in is still cad$5.00 though. Crap, $5 doesn't get me far even in the lancer - I don't know how you people can deal with sub-$5 amounts of gas.

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: shimsham
Originally posted by: Jetblade
Heh, I've had this young decent looking couple *beg* me for gas money. When I gave them 5 bucks, the chick (nice looking) gave me a HUGE hug and the guy shook my hand. :D

then they went and got high on crack.

holy crap toooo funny
:D

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Jetblade
Heh, I've had this young decent looking couple *beg* me for gas money. When I gave them 5 bucks, the chick (nice looking) gave me a HUGE hug and the guy shook my hand. :D

should have asked for a hummer instead of the hug.