when you leave your job each day, do you feel like crap?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
No, I feel great. I just think about the $$ I made and how fortunate I am on the drive home.

Wudemaya

Jul 22, 2009
When I leave my work each day I usually feel tired. But I like my job, I just wish there is more time in a day where I can do stuff after instead of going to bed in the next few hours. Thank God that I get every other Friday off schedule!

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I felt weird leaving today, it was my last day. I have been there 4 years and start a new job on the 31st.
Excited but sad to leave.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
I love the drive home. The only thing that keeps me semi-sane at my job right now are the people whom I screw around with all day, and the drives to/fro. Unfortunately, 2 of these people leave next week, and I won't drive once winter kicks in due to mass idiocy.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Why would anyone do something that makes them feel like crap is just stupid.

because there isn't much choice, if any?

OP, i feel like shit every day also. more so with this particular job though.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
No way man, I love going home! Home is where I'm the happiest.

I just started a new job and was feeling kind of apprehensive going to work last week but I'm starting to settle in and get the hang of things but last week I kind of dreaded going to work every morning.

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Why would anyone do something that makes them feel like crap is just stupid.

Solution: Never leave your job

lifeobry

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2008
Getting off work is the best part of work. Everyone knows this. This thread troubles me.

nerdress

Jun 5, 2009
Mmm..that's difficult. I'm still at work, it'll almost be a full 12 hours by the time I get home, but I enjoy the time I spend alone in the office, blasting my music and fucking around while also getting things done without having my bosses try to throw more stuff in my direction.

I'm surrounded by right-brained creative individuals, sometimes the left side of my brain wants to commit suicide XP

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
For me, life is a struggle of always trying to lose 10 lbs. It's good to always have goals for yourself and trying to fulfill them.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
No, I feel great. I love shutting down the old PC, grabbing my wallet, and heading out the door. Feels very refreshing.

KT

Exactly!