when will we see reviews of the new amd processors

etrin

Aug 10, 2001
title.
I need a new system. only thing was the 3850x sounded like a real winner at 5.1ghz now its not even mentioned

Yeroon

Mar 19, 2017
You realize the specs you were expecting were complete rumor, right? Not only rumor, but almost 1/2 a year before the current launch window.

I think we get more info monday (june 10th) and the release date is 7/7/2019.

guachi

Nov 16, 2010
What kind of information do you think we'll get on the 10th that we didn't get a few weeks ago?

A few more benchmarks? More information about motherboard support?

My understanding is we'll get mostly information about Navi and a little about Ryzen 3000.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
What kind of information do you think we'll get on the 10th that we didn't get a few weeks ago?

A few more benchmarks? More information about motherboard support?

My understanding is we'll get mostly information about Navi and a little about Ryzen 3000.
I thought maybe the NDA would be up, and we get real reviews from sites like Anandtech. could be wrong.... I can still hope. Since you can pre-order on the 1st of July, you would think we get reviews before then,.

lightmanek

Feb 19, 2017
AMD officially said 80% NAVI 20% Ryzen 3000 at E3.
We can expect more details, maybe XFR boost clocks, pretty sure we will get more game benchmarks as it is E3.

inf64

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2011
We should get more details on the upcoming 3000 series models. There IS a 16C model, it's up to AMD if they will release it in the first batch of products. 3900X kinda kills most of the competition so it's a tough choice.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
We should get more details on the upcoming 3000 series models. There IS a 16C model, it's up to AMD if they will release it in the first batch of products. 3900X kinda kills most of the competition so it's a tough choice.

No idea what you did there to earn a downvote. Regardless, I doubt they'll reveal anything about 16c chips. The only thing we know about them is that we've seen screenshots of ES chips in the wild. It does look like 16c is being held back for a potential response from Intel.

Reactions: Remobz and inf64

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
No idea what you did there to earn a downvote. Regardless, I doubt they'll reveal anything about 16c chips. The only thing we know about them is that we've seen screenshots of ES chips in the wild. It does look like 16c is being held back for a potential response from Intel.
Good point.

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Simple, its was ondma, he loves Intel, and every chance he gets, he downvotes somebody for it. He did not even reply to the thread, just a jerk.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
Simple, its was ondma, he loves Intel, and every chance he gets, he downvotes somebody for it. He did not even reply to the thread, just a jerk.
Can't he be punished for it?

Since I have your attention, what are these trophy points and what do they mean for us? Where can I read about it ? Or maybe a quick explanation from you would be helpful.

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Can't he be punished for it?

Since I have your attention, what are these trophy points and what do they mean for us? Where can I read about it ? Or maybe a quick explanation from you would be helpful.
Nothing we can do about downvotes. But in a future release they will be disabled. I really down't know about trophy points. You can start a thread in moderator discussions and ask.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Nothing we can do about downvotes. But in a future release they will be disabled. I really down't know about trophy points. You can start a thread in moderator discussions and ask.

Interesting, and overall good news. I never thought the downvotes were particularly useful. Updoots (ugh) aren't that great either, mind you . . . but the potential for harassment with downvotes is worse.

By the way, I want to amend my commentary about the 16c chip. Apparently we are getting one, for $749. Too rich for my blood! But hey, it's a first on a consumer socket.

JDanielson

Jun 13, 2019
I'd like if reviews hit when the chips are available for pre-order, so July 1st. Quality reviews should drive pre-orders.

I've never paid close attention in the past to see how far in advance of sales reviews typically arrive, but it seems to me more than a mere week. Like you say, quality reviews should drive pre-orders---you'd think a couple of weeks at least would help those orders. Maybe in the long term it doesn't matter, but I'm impatient! LOL.

JDanielson

Jun 13, 2019
I think AT reported it as July 7th.

See, this makes no sense to me, and I was a little perplexed when I read that in the AT report. So the reviews are going to unveil on the same day the product is available? How about creating a little buzz before-hand? I don't get it.

Reactions: guachi

lixlax

Nov 6, 2014
I hope they lift the review NDA at least for some parts before the 7th, the day when preorders start would be nice. 7th of july being a sunday is one thing, but as it stands now there'll be potentially an overwhelming number of products to review for that day:
1) CPUs with new architecture on a new process+ APUs (deep diving should be preferred): 3200g; 3400g, 3600; 3600X; 3700X; 3800X and 3900X.
2) Graphics cards with new architecture: 5700 and 5700XT.
3) Dozens of new X570 motherboards.
?4) somebody may decide to launch a PCI4 SSD etc on the same day as well.

B-Riz

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2011
I hope they lift the review NDA at least for some parts before the 7th, the day when preorders start would be nice. 7th of july being a sunday is one thing, but as it stands now there'll be potentially an overwhelming number of products to review for that day:
1) CPUs with new architecture on a new process+ APUs (deep diving should be preferred): 3200g; 3400g, 3600; 3600X; 3700X; 3800X and 3900X.
2) Graphics cards with new architecture: 5700 and 5700XT.
3) Dozens of new X570 motherboards.
?4) somebody may decide to launch a PCI4 SSD etc on the same day as well.

I'm excited to read about 3400g as it looks like a good upgrade / iteration to the 2400g model, but the Zen+ performance is largely known.

The real awesome thing will be when APU's and laptop chips get 7nm next year.

As much as I want to read reviews and wait, I am just jumping in and grabbing stuff the 8th (first time doing it). o_O

Reactions: lightmanek

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
See, this makes no sense to me, and I was a little perplexed when I read that in the AT report. So the reviews are going to unveil on the same day the product is available? How about creating a little buzz before-hand? I don't get it.
AMD has already created a 'buzz' via their Computex and E3 reveals. People who are going to pre-order have likely seen enough. Most enthusiasts prefer to wait for real world tests of CPUs, Motherboards and appropriate matching Ram sticks.

JDanielson

Jun 13, 2019
AMD has already created a 'buzz' via their Computex and E3 reveals. People who are going to pre-order have likely seen enough. Most enthusiasts prefer to wait for real world tests of CPUs, Motherboards and appropriate matching Ram sticks.

Right, and that's exactly the customer segment I'm talking about---"most enthusiasts." The earlier the benchmarks come out, the more pre-orders it will generate from that very large segment.