When will NFL teams figure out Norv Turner is NOT a good head coach?

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
yeah, i went through the stages.. first i was sad... i think alex smith really could have grown a lot under Norv's tutelage... then i was just mad.. then i started laughign at the chargers, cause they now have a pretty sucky head coach.. i hope they suck next year..

turner's a great offensive mind and is one of the best coordinators, but he just cannot coach a whole team...

Mar 11, 2004
Yeah, much better choice. :roll:

They thought it was bad when Marty couldn't win a playoff game, imagine how they'll feel when they won't even make the playoffs. :laugh:

How did he manage to stay in Washington so long with so poor of results?

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
Well Norv is highly respected in coaching circles. I think he might surprise some of you guys this time around......

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Codewiz
Well Norv is highly respected in coaching circles. I think he might surprise some of you guys this time around......

I really wouldn't be surprised if they do even better or about the same, as they have more than enough talent. The only two games they did lose last season were both on the road and close, not to mention one being a heated divisional game at Arrowhead and the other to the second seeded Ravens.

I was being sarcastic, as I don't know that Norv ever had anywhere near the roster that he will now (he certainly didn't at Oakland).

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: darkswordsman17

I really wouldn't be surprised if they do even better or about the same, as they have more than enough talent. The only two games they did lose last season were both on the road and close, not to mention one being a heated divisional game at Arrowhead and the other to the second seeded Ravens.

I was being sarcastic, as I don't know that Norv ever had anywhere near the roster that he will now (he certainly didn't at Oakland).

God I hope so...We beat ourselves in that game with the Patriots and I think we could have beaten Indy. I KNOW we would have beaten the Bears.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Hopefully the team will just succeed without a lot of coaching direction.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
That's hilarious, i think norv has proven that he can only be a coordinator in this league. He must have some sweet hookups or something.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Slew Foot
I find it ironic that teams raid the Niners coaching staff of all teams. I mean WTF?

I know their athletic trainer personally. Too bad I don't live near there...he could get me on the field.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: darkswordsman17

God I hope so...We beat ourselves in that game with the Patriots and I think we could have beaten Indy. I KNOW we would have beaten the Bears.

ya i seriously hope so. sigh. I was soooo sad at this year's playoffs.
C'mon Chargers....undefeated season? please? I don't think I can even stomach one loss anymore.

Jun 27, 2005
So lemmie get this straight... SD just traded out a guy who can't win playoff games for a guy who can't get to the playoffs. I guess that's one way to temper the frustration of all those playoff losses. :p

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
I find it ironic that teams raid the Niners coaching staff of all teams. I mean WTF?

the niners actually had a pretty good coaching staff last year.. they just dont' have the athletic talent... hopefully alex smith won't be affected too much by norv leaving... from what i understand, the niners will be promoting one of their other offensive coaches because they know norv's system so alex won't fall too much behind.. i think it's going to be the wide receivers coach...

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005

If you're going to take another teams coordinators, why not get them for a team that's actually had a winning season in the past 5 years?

I hope this doesn't put the Niner's offense back a notch.

MazerRackham

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2002
OMFG! I just saw this. Norv Turner? Damn. If I was a Chargers player I'd be kinda pissed right now...