When will my damn neighbors slow down? - with a *new* picture

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Today, I was laying in bed for a few minutes after the alarm rang when I heard this crash. I look out the side window and see a Toyota Camry hung up on the curb and in the trees across from my house. Mind you, the speed limit on this street is supposed to be 5 M.P.H. and there are "Slow - Children Playing" signs posted on the street.

It turns out that one of my neighbors was in quite a bit of a hurry and couldn't negotiate the curve very well - and ended up trashing the car in the process. Both front tires were flattened (the left one from when she hit the curb and the right one from her spinning the rim inside the right tire in an attempt to get free). Also, the driver's side mirror was torn off, the front plastic on the bumper was shifted about 1" out of alignment to the right and the engine was knocking.

Accident Picture

I guess people never realize how hard it is to control a car on a curve while speeding. The girl that was driving was young - maybe 19 years old.

O.K., O.K. - man, you guys are rough. Here's one more with the girl in the picture - you decide if she's hot. Given what she's just gone through, she looks a little distressed.

Another picture, but with the driver next to the car

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Additionally, the front of the car hit one of the trees and bent it over before stopping the car. However, what surprised me was that the air bags didn't activate. Certainly, there had to have been enough force in this accident to activate them.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: wje
Today, I was laying in bed for a few minutes after the alarm rang when I heard this crash. I look out the side window and see a Toyota Camry hung up on the curb and in the trees across from my house. Mind you, the speed limit on this street is supposed to be 5 M.P.H. and there are "Slow - Children Playing" signs posted on the street.

It turns out that one of my neighbors was in quite a bit of a hurry and couldn't negotiate the curve very well - and ended up trashing the car in the process. Both front tires were flattened (the left one from when she hit the curb and the right one from her spinning the rim inside the right tire in an attempt to get free). Also, the driver's side mirror was torn off, the front plastic on the bumper was shifted about 1" out of alignment to the right and the engine was knocking.

Accident Picture

I guess people never realize how hard it is to control a car on a curve while speeding. The girl that was driving was young - maybe 19 years old.

i bolded the reasons.

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
wow... it took on a tree? from that pic... the car still looked in decent shape... but if it took on a tree... jeebuz!

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Additionally, the front of the car hit one of the trees and bent it over before stopping the car. However, what surprised me was that the air bags didn't activate. Certainly, there had to have been enough force in this accident to activate them.

I think if the tree "gave" some, it would be much of a tree but more of a sapling. I think the airbags woulda deployed if she hit a larger, harder material, ie: Homer Simpsons a la chestnut tree.

-PAB

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Those "trees" look to be pretty small, I'm not terribly surprised the airbag didn't deploy.

Viper GTS

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Airbags need one hell of an impact to go off. Probably around 25-30 mph to a dead stop in a foot or so.

Zclyh3

Banned
Oct 16, 2001
Couldn't negotiate a curve? That's why we have what racers call "drifting". Of course, most people aren't professional drivers and shouldn't be going that fast anyways on a curve.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Evadman
Airbags need one hell of an impact to go off. Probably around 25-30 mph to a dead stop in a foot or so.

Nope, doesn't have to be that sudden. My grand father rubbed up against a rock wall going 50, just a glancing blow and it set off the airbags which made the car swing back into the wall and really hit it that time but without airbags to cushion the blow. The car rolled but everybody was ok, just really banged up.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

Accident Picture

i bolded the reasons.

You missed ONE though... I bolded and italicized it, above. BTW, LMAO at that great pic! Good for her stupid @ss....glad nobody but her got hurt.

Radiohead

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2001
Originally posted by: MichaelD

Accident Picture

I guess people never realize how hard it is to control a car on a curve while speeding. The GIRL THAT WAS DRIVING was young - maybe 19 years old.

i bolded the reasons.

You missed ONE though... I bolded and italicized it, above. BTW, LMAO at that great pic! Good for her stupid @ss....glad nobody but her got hurt.

You all missed another one, which I bolded, capitalized :D

goodoptics

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2000

Accident Picture

Is the girl hot? I don't see the girl in the picture. I hope she didn't get hurt in the accident.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Radiohead
Originally posted by: MichaelD

Accident Picture

I guess people never realize how hard it is to control a car on a curve while speeding. The GIRL THAT WAS DRIVING was young - maybe 19 years old.

i bolded the reasons.

You all missed another one, which I bolded, capitalized :D

Man, you guys are going to make this thread NOT EAKERS APPROVED...

(like I give a flying hoot) ;)

BigPotato

Banned
Jun 3, 2002
so is she hot?
if she's hot, then it's ok. just offer her some private stick shift driving lessons.

MUAHAHHA