When is China going to implement knife control ??? ( 65 people knifed to death )

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Bah.. Outlaw knives and they'll just use sporks. Outlaw sporks, then, well, only outlaws will use sporks.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
i hope they execute this mofo. even though the article doesnt really give much detail. oh well, at least this is one of the good aspects of china's killing criminals. in the US, it would be a couple of years before anything even happens, and even then, he might not be shot. -_-. KILL HIM!

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: LongCoolMother
i hope they execute this mofo. even though the article doesnt really give much detail. oh well, at least this is one of the good aspects of china's killing criminals. in the US, it would be a couple of years before anything even happens, and even then, he might not be shot. -_-. KILL HIM!

What is Chinese policy on capital punishment?

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
they shoot him in the head and take his organs, that way murderers can save lives whether they want to or not

obviously they'll blame it on western media influences such as Grand Knife Auto...

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: oLLie
Originally posted by: LongCoolMother

What is Chinese policy on capital punishment?

[Martha Stewart] It's a good thing. [/Martha Stewart]

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Basic Flame-bait topic.

Not that I favor gun control, but unreasonable comparisons like this go a long way towards convincing the other side that they're right, that the day when reasonable people had guns for reasonable purposes has passed, that only zealots are interested preserving that aspect of citizenship.

Sharp knives are a necessity of modern life, while guns are mostly playthings and fetishes, power symbols to compensate for feelings of inadequacy. That doesn't include hunters, per se, folks who lock their guns away while not in use, but it does cover people who think it's necessary to keep loaded weapons around in their cars and suburban homes, just to keep the junkies off the lawn or similar rationalizations...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Trivia: Many years ago, a French King(don't recall which one) mandated that all knives used for eating have rounded ends. The reason was to cut down(no pun intended) on the number of deaths by knife fights at the table.

Gotta agree the the others though, this thread is based on a ridiculous arguement. Kinda like another bizarre thread that was around here recently.

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski
Trivia: Many years ago, a French King(don't recall which one) mandated that all knives used for eating have rounded ends. The reason was to cut down(no pun intended) on the number of deaths by knife fights at the table.

Gotta agree the the others though, this thread is based on a ridiculous arguement. Kinda like another bizarre thread that was around here recently.

This thread is fun and light hearted :brokenheart:

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
As long as there are people that want to kill, they will do so. Prisons have knife control, paperclip control, gun control, pencil control, and any weapon control you would like to think of, but prisoners are killed daily. I saw a photo of an inmate killed with a spoon (handle first). It's really ignorant and childlike to believe that if someone truly wants to kill you that he won't.

As far as the Chinese and their laws....I think that they might have their plates full right now, while eliminating people with eyeglasses and the like, so eliminating knives will be next week, along with forced sterilization of it's Citizens..

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sharp knives are a necessity of modern life, while guns are mostly playthings and fetishes, power symbols to compensate for feelings of inadequacy. That doesn't include hunters, per se, folks who lock their guns away while not in use, but it does cover people who think it's necessary to keep loaded weapons around in their cars and suburban homes, just to keep the junkies off the lawn or similar rationalizations...
Lol, when you have to drive your porsche into one of the worst neighborhoods in your city a couple of times a week, you start to rethink that position ;).

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: amok
Lol, when you have to drive your porsche into one of the worst neighborhoods in your city a couple of times a week, you start to rethink that position ;).

Well just buy larger quantities, then you won't have to go there as often.

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Lol, I don't go into those neighborhoods for that type of transaction. There are plenty of sources available for those types of things on the better sides of town ;). I've kindof adopted an elderly lady I met at the hospital. I go by and visit her a couple of times a week, taker her groceries, etc. For once my intentions are noble, so don't give me a hard time :p.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
and before you know it, some crazy guy somewhere is going to kill people with a nuke. nukes don't kill people, people kill people!

where are all the liberal nuke control nuts huh?

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Come on dude, don't muddle the issue. There is no real comparison between guns and nukes.