When do you shower?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
4:15pm... at least that's when it was today... sometimes 530pm right before I pick up my wife from work.

But if I had an office to go into every morning, I'd definitely have to do it in the morning... the hair is just all kinds of fuct in the morning.

ManyBeers

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2004
Originally posted by: makken
Was talking to a friend over MSN last night when i said "BRB shower."

He seemed shocked that I would take a shower at night instead of when i wake up in the mornings. He said that I was the only person he knew of that would take showers at night, before going to bed.

I was :confused: at that, since half of my friends take showers at night. I've always thought that showers at either the morning or night was just pretty normal and just a perference thing, but he seemed to insist that something was off about showering at night.

My rationale for taking it at night has always been that I do not want to crawl into bed full of all the sweat, dirt, and other nasty stuff that I've aquired during the day.

So.. anyone else showers at night? Is it normal? or do I need my meds?

You are correct.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
I think it's more "normal" to take one at night than in the morning. I take my showers at night, and then I wash my hair in the morning. I sometimes take another shower in the morning as well.

I am not going to bed with all the contaminants, dust/dirt, and sweat on me. I want to be clean when I am going to bed.

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
I take a bath and shower before and after I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (about 4-6 a day, depending on certain circumstances)

And no, I don't eat like a pig/slob. I just have a compulsive disorder.

Oct 25, 2006
I take it morning and night.

Morning to wake up and feel fresh

Night because I can't stand going to sleep while dirty. Feels weird.

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
Night. I don't like getting in bed with the dirt, sweat, skin oils that have accumulated on me through the day. Also, since I shower at Night I don't have to wash sheets all the time.

If I happen to have sweat(ed)? during the night then I shower in the morning too.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Morning or afternoon depending on when I wake up;). I feel dirty or cold throughout the day if I don't shower in the morning. Night showers are nice, but that's my homework, play, eat, stuff-doing time.

Apathetic

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
I shower in the mornig, but when I was in college I would take them at night to avoid the huge morning rush.

Dave

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I shower at night... and rinse out my hair and wash my face in the mornings... I thought that was fairly commonplace/normal.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
morning and after I work out in the evenings so typically twice a day but not always.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Taking a shower in the morning feels weird to me.