When do Companys charge your credit card? when a item ships right?

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
Hi,

I ordered a item from a well known Etailer. they gave me a UPS tracking # and said that my item was shipped on the 22nd. But my credit card was not charged yet? I thought it was a companys policy to charge once a item was shipped?

anyone know the deal here?

thanks

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Some charge before they ship, others charge when it ships, and a few forget to charge you. ;)

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
OMG John --->Posts: 15053 wOOt :)

do you think they actually messed up? can they charge me in a couple of days?

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Most charge when the order's placed. I'm sure they got payment, your bank just may not have the updated info...

And if they are one of the few that forget..

pay for it.. :)

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
yeah im honest but the thing is I told them the day of the order to forget it Cancell my order. But they said its too late its shipped allerady.. thats BS to me. Beacuase when i ordered the item also said "backordeder" then all the sudden its in stock and shipped , all with in 12 hours. What pisses me off is that they dont reply to the 3-4 Emails i sent right after my order to cancell

this was in my Email from them

<<If the number starts with 1Z, you may track it online at
www.ups.com. Otherwise, please visit www.airborne.com to track.
Note that these tracking numbers may not appear in the shipping
carriers database for 3-5 days.>>

3-5 days for UPS to get a tracking # into there system seems like a long time. I have personally shipped stuff from UPS and the tracking # was in there system in 24 hours. This is why im confused. Can anyone explain what is going on.