When can we expect to see Crysis (2007) level of visuals ?

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerK

May 29, 2012
Is Crysis 3 going to push visual boundaries and our hardware just like they did back in 2007 ? or is it going to be another Crysis 2 ?

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
But how? That's the question you never see answered until release day. Anybody can write inefficient code that will run poorly on even the beefiest machines. What made Crysis famous was that it had the visuals to justify the performance. Hopefully they can repeat that experience with the utmost fidelity, but we'll see.

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
Video: 'Crysis 3' nanosuit trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DgaELI0LxJw

Crysis 3 Box Art: Prophet Armed With Box

Crysis_3_51842.jpg

Crysis 3′s advanced graphics settings revealed

Crysis-3-Advanced-Graphic-Options.jpg

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008
Hopefully my rig in my sig can play it on medium at 1366x768. The first crysis was the reason I never upgraded to a 1080p TV.

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
That's pretty much what I'm afraid of. When the first Crysis came out, the preview trailers looking jaw-droppingly awesome, and ironically almost the same quality as the above. However, when the game released people I think were a little let down. The game looked amazing, but it wasn't what the trailers showed, which lead to speculation that they were either captured using a modified Crysis engine or were pre-rendered. In the end it washed away since Crysis was far and above the best looking thing to hit the PC.

Now, however, there's a lot more competition. I saw the above trailer earlier and I think I was let down by the art direction. If I had to put my finger on it, I think it's because the shaders aren't that great. Anyway, too much like Crysis 2 and not enough like Crysis 1.
It looks like we are going to have the same, terrible, blurry non-adjustable AA as Crysis 2 :mad:.
Just another reason this game is already starting off sub-par. :(

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
But how? That's the question you never see answered until release day. Anybody can write inefficient code that will run poorly on even the beefiest machines. What made Crysis famous was that it had the visuals to justify the performance. Hopefully they can repeat that experience with the utmost fidelity, but we'll see.

We're talking Crysis. I think there's enough history to go by.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008