Question When can I get my new 3080???

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
Ok U want to upgrade at least 1 of my 2 PCs with a 3080 so far the availability of the card has been nil

So when is nvidia gonna be able to fix the problem do you all think

let me post the thread now to get your input!

TIA! btw TIA means Thanks in advance and go democrats!

Qwertilot

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2013
Early next year, reliably, as per the horses mouth. Demand, especially early demand, was >> than the amount they're managing to ship. They are definitely shipping a non trivial amount of cards, demand is definitely insane.

Some people getting very annoyed about this. No particular evidence that there's anything to blame asides from the markedly unusually large number of bored people with spare money about.

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
well its planned by nvidia get everyone hyped up about the card then keep the inventory low to no existence to keep the prices high as long as possible maybe a year or 18 months this will be happening.

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
well its planned by nvidia get everyone hyped up about the card then keep the inventory low to no existence to keep the prices high as long as possible maybe a year or 18 months this will be happening.
Or they are just selling every card they can make which makes a lot more sense, but don't let that get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Reactions: amenx

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Or they are just selling every card they can make which makes a lot more sense, but don't let that get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Or what makes more sense is the fact that inventory levels are extremely low, as has been reported by many retailers. Some of which still have not gotten any restocks.

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
At this point I am just going to wait for the 20GB model that is "rumored" to come out in numbers when Big Navi drops, or I'll go for Big Navi if its competitive on price/performance.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Or what makes more sense is the fact that inventory levels are extremely low, as has been reported by many retailers. Some of which still have not gotten any restocks.

I was just looking at BestBuy which is allegedly the go to for the FE's now. I wasn't looking to buy one, but viewing the entire RTX 3xxxx series of cards there are only 2 reviews total. It makes me believe that there is little to no inventory available. Supply vs demand would have dang reviews at least. Sure there's demand, but no supply.

Qwertilot

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2013
I was just looking at BestBuy which is allegedly the go to for the FE's now. I wasn't looking to buy one, but viewing the entire RTX 3xxxx series of cards there are only 2 reviews total. It makes me believe that there is little to no inventory available. Supply vs demand would have dang reviews at least. Sure there's demand, but no supply.
Nah. There's more inventory than that - that Danish (?) retailer who gave figures showed that.

What they didn't say is what the numbers for a normal launch would be like.
(Either supply or demand)

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
If you want one right now, you have to camp the websites. The way I got one was installing Chrome (bleh), then the distill.io addon. Set that up for the webpages of all 3080s on newegg, EVGA and wherever else you want to buy from. When they come in stock, the addon will notify you with an alert. Rush the website and try to beat everyone else out.

Took me about 3 weeks to get one. I'm sure someone could get one faster if they were dedicated, I missed a few because I was busy and couldn't try to make a purchase when my alerts went off.

Otherwise, need to wait till supply catches up to demand, which I would guess is going to be a while. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes until early next year to find stock sitting available and not see every SKU OOS everywhere.

Reactions: Elfear

maluckey1

Mar 15, 2018
All this delay is sure helping to keep prices high on 2080 and 2080 Super cards! I checked Fleabay prices for RTX 2080 cards and it's insane! If the 30 series cards would have dropped with higher volume, the 2070 cards would be almost free right now, and the 2080's would be in the mid to high 400's.

Mal

DooKey

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2005

I've purchased a 3080 XC3 Ultra and a 3080 FTW3 Ultra without bots.

Nice of an AMD fan to be so concerned about those purchasing NV cards. Thank you.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
I've purchased a 3080 XC3 Ultra and a 3080 FTW3 Ultra without bots.

Nice of an AMD fan to be so concerned about those purchasing NV cards. Thank you.
Some of us don;t care if its Intel or AMD, whoever has the best product. Right now that is AMD for CPU's.

The same way with video cards, whoever is the best. Right now for most use cases, its Nvidia, very soon that may change to AMD.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Ok U want to upgrade at least 1 of my 2 PCs with a 3080 so far the availability of the card has been nil

So when is nvidia gonna be able to fix the problem do you all think

let me post the thread now to get your input!

TIA! btw TIA means Thanks in advance and go democrats!

wait, you want to, or I want to upgrade your computer(s)? I'm so confused...

Reactions: lightmanek

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
it's giving me times to revisit old games... who needs cyberpunk when you got Fallout new vegas(that I didnt play before) !
And who needs fallout when you have Tiger Woods 2004 and Train Sim.

I have all the parts for a new rig except the graphics card. Methinks I ain't seeing redacted until spring. Or maybe like someone suggested, they will keep announcing new cards that no one will be able to buy at MSRP.

BTW - Amazon has a 3080 if you want to pay $1600

We have a zero tolerance policy for profanity in the tech sub-forums.

Iron Woode

Super Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
And who needs fallout when you have Tiger Woods 2004 and Train Sim.

I have all the parts for a new rig except the graphics card. Methinks I ain't seeing redacted until spring. Or maybe like someone suggested, they will keep announcing new cards that no one will be able to buy at MSRP.

BTW - Amazon has a 3080 if you want to pay $1600
Best Buy was selling some this morning at msrp. The 3080 is hard to find, but it's out there if you know where to look.

Last edited by a moderator:

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
I fear 3080s will be hard to come by for 2021. If you are lucky to have the odd order slip through and not picked up by miners.

78 3080s in mining rig:

GeForce-RTX-3080-Mining-Rig-almost-operational.jpg

Most profitable mining cards today:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I fear 3080s will be hard to come by for 2021. If you are lucky to have the odd order slip through and not picked up by miners.

78 3080s in mining rig:

GeForce-RTX-3080-Mining-Rig-almost-operational.jpg

Most profitable mining cards today:

what a ...colossal monument to endless human stupidity, this concept, this...thing that this massive power-sucking array of hardware is actually doing, lol.

just image, how we will appear in the future, haha.