?
That is the first step in the peace process

03/07/2003 12:24 AM

This was just moved in here by a moderator

Well... Blast Away :D

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Oh, I forgot to ask you, dahunan; do you strap packs of C4 to your childrens' chests and send them to school holding the detonator in one hand and their lunch in the other?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Oh, I forgot to ask you, dahunan; do you strap packs of C4 to your childrens' chests and send them to school holding the detonator in one hand and their lunch in the other?

Why do you think my question should get me flamed??

Do you know what occupied territories are?

Anyhow, I am not taking ANYONES SIDE IN THAT DISPUTE

BUT... Put yourself in the shoes of both sides and then tell your story of how you would feel... What you would do to defend your people and their lands?

Both sides are pathetic and guilty of atrocities. <<<<,Can you deny that?

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: MichaelD

Yes, not C4 though, only hotdogs :D

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Oh my word! What is wrong with this post?

Oh, I know. Lopsided argument possibilty. I think I'll just observe from the sidelines. The obvious is not visable to the thread originator.
rolleye.gif

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
Oh my word! What is wrong with this post?

Oh, I know. Lopsided argument possibilty. I think I'll just observe from the sidelines. The obvious is not visable to the thread originator.
rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

Whatever dude.

So, the Israelis are totally Innocent and are only defending themselves... Is that how you see it?

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
It's amazing how utterly stupid both sides of this conflict are.

Infos

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
Anyone who questions the validity of this query has already
made up his mind and he's not going to church on sunday neither.
Either that or he's just an ignorant dork, who's shooting from the hip.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Rather than start a NEW topic, I did a search and decided this one would work best. If it doesn't, I WILL start a new topic, so be warned.

I was first wondering how many people here thought that Israel shouldn't be recognized as a state in the first place. For the sake of argument, I'll assume it's a very small, ignorant minority.

I'd then like to know how many think this would be a fair solution: Have Israel give back the Occupied Territories on one condition. If attacks continue afterwards, they take them back with no apologies. Simple and fair, no?

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
What are the "Occupied Territories"? To the PLO, its every inch of ground a hebrew is standing on.

Israel is a soverign nation now. I am all for the Palestinians having the same for themslves, a soverign nation for themselves. Problem is, they want the Israel soverign nation for themselves, and want no Israelis around at all. That doesn't work. Israel has as much right historically to the ground in that part of the world as any palestinian could claim. They want the same dirt because of the historical and messinaic nature of the ground there. A plan was worked out for sharing Jerusilum as the capital and for settlements in so called palestinian teritiry to be removed. A comprimise needd t obe put inplace and was well on its way t obeing resolved when Yasser Arafat did an about face and began a capitulation to extremist elements that have since lodged a a campaign of murder against unsuspecting defenseless ciivilians.

Because of that, they have lost all symapthy from me and most any clear thinking freedom loving compassinate that may have at one time listened and felt empathy for their situation. Now I really don't give a crap about palestinians, for that matter, much of any emapthy for middle eastern governments either. Lybia sucks, Syria sucks, Egypt sucks, Saudi Arabia sucks. Turkey sucks majorely after trying to extort billions from us for right of passage to northern arra of Iraq.

When those people in that region get an education, and decide to assimilate into the world peacefully, without desire of conquest or calling me an infidel, then I will re assess my position. Instead, on a global basis, Muslums have circled the globe preaching nonsense and inticing easily manipulative poor people to take up arms against westeners, all in the name of allah. It's BS, and I will never trust a muslum until that extremism is wiped from the planet.

Just my very humble opinion. I base it on current events in the world and reading from authors who profess to know something about these cultural differences. I can be sympathetic, just as those soldiers where when they aproached a taxi cab asking for help, and then got blown away by a terrorist bomb. Once burned, twice learned.:(

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: dahunan
?
That is the first step in the peace process

03/07/2003 12:24 AM

This was just moved in here by a moderator

Well... Blast Away :D

"When are we going to tell the Israeli's to get out of the occupied territories?

Well, maybe when the rest of the Arab world officially recognizes the right of Israel to exist as a state and promises that they will not attack them when they are more vulnerable, or maybe when the stated goal of the PLO is not the absolute destruction of Israel and "driving every Jew into the sea."

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
To put this in easy, there are extremists in both countries (yes there are religous extremists also in Israel) and those extremists want the other side completely gone. Those are the people who should not be in control, but with more and more violence being comitted by both sides those extreme sides only get stronger.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Czar Wake up,

In Israel the extremists are controlled, whist in the territories the Palestinian extremists are IN CONTROL.

-Max

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Doboji
Czar Wake up,

In Israel the extremists are controlled, whist in the territories the Palestinian extremists are IN CONTROL.

-Max
sure sure, thats why the settlers in the occupied territories get taxbrakes and the government continues to support their expansion

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
There is NO way you can claim extremists in Israel are under control when Sharon planted many of the settlements (during his tenure as Interior Minister?) and accelerated settlement after he was elected.

Military aid to Israel should cease immediately and the US government should codify the policy of NEVER supplying military aid to countries which occupy foreign territory. Yes it would be quite hypocritical . . . but we're the US . . . we make the rules for others to follow.

The US should endorse a UN resolution to deploy an armed coalition to separate 1967 Israel from its Palestinian antagonists. The DMZ should extend several miles into the occupied territories. The same resolution should call for ALL settlements to be dismantled over the next year starting with those the farthest from Israeli borders. Gaza is one big ghetto so the Palestinians should cede it to Israel (that's not an anti-Semitic pun . . . just acknowledging that Gaza isn't worth fighting for so just give it to Israel). The international community will fund security perimeters until Israel and its neighbors can work out how to live in peace. If we get no closer than North vs South Korea that's still an improvement over razing refugee camps and bombing buses.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Plus it would be irrefutable evidence the US can serve as fair advocate for peace in the Middle East. The myriad of US vetoes at the UN and extensive aid to Israel should be disavowed as failed policy which was clearly immoral and ineffective. Furthermore, aid to Jordan and Egypt should be tied to real reforms including Jordan ceding territory to establish a Palestinian state and possibly Egypt doing the same to house former Gaza residents.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'd like to know how many think this would be a fair solution: Have Israel give back the Occupied Territories on one condition. If attacks continue afterwards, they take them back with no apologies. Simple and fair, no?

Grey

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 1999
Ornery that has been the condition before, we all see how long that lasted :( . Sadly since both sides have such weak leadership the only way this can get resolved right now is through a very bad war.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Well, I think history has shown that Arafat has absolutely no interest in founding a Palestinian state. His only interest is the destruction of Israel.
As for the comment about ceding Jordanian land for a Palestinian state, maybe a little history lesson is in order......;)link

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ornery that has been the condition before...

Not sure where, but I heard there is going to be a serious effort to get this squared away after the Iraq, (Syria, Iran) and North Korea issues get settled down. As long as Israel is going to remain a state, I can't think of a more fair solution. Let the UN write it up and all parties sign off on it. Follow it through to the letter. I'd LOVE to hear a better idea...