When a thought process enters your mind for the first time in years.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Back in the day, I used to play quite a bit of Fire Emblem, often the fourth one. I hadn't thought about the game in a while, maybe 5 years at least. I played Fire Emblem Heroes for a bit but that died out too.
Then yesterday, out of the blue, I got started thinking about the "pairings" for the game like the my wind rewound back in time.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Err you get thought processes in you mind? I only get thoughts...

• Haha
Reactions: Muse

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The mind wobbles.

Kelly Bundy | Fashion, Floral tops, Women

rs_300x300-130909102311-600.2jenny-mccarthy-the-view.ls.9913_copy.jpg

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Back in the day, I used to play quite a bit of Fire Emblem, often the fourth one. I hadn't thought about the game in a while, maybe 5 years at least. I played Fire Emblem Heroes for a bit but that died out too.
Then yesterday, out of the blue, I got started thinking about the "pairings" for the game like the my wind rewound back in time.
wow.. had a gaming thought just today:
diablo II (from early 2000s)

thought about how i could level a char from lvl 1 to lvl32 in 4 hrs on blizzard's server.
at lvl32, you can do a 1 time imbue of regular armor with magic to produce some random rare armor attributes.
and the armor was not linked to that char so you can give it to your main char!

delete char, rinse/repeat.
did this like 15 times and none of the armors were worth keeping. :(

even tho i did this at work, i gave up trying and soon after stopping playing and went on to another multiplayer game

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I sometimes get random memories from Ultima Online. Was very active through college, then started my own server and ran that for a while. Population kind of died down and I recently shut it down, but I sometimes think of turning it up again for nostalgia.

It's kinda a pita to play though because it's such an old game, and you can't really scale it so at 4k it's basically a tiny window now, like you can't really make it use up the whole screen.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I sometimes get random memories from Ultima Online. Was very active through college, then started my own server and ran that for a while. Population kind of died down and I recently shut it down, but I sometimes think of turning it up again for nostalgia.

It's kinda a pita to play though because it's such an old game, and you can't really scale it so at 4k it's basically a tiny window now, like you can't really make it use up the whole screen.
found out Blizzard came out of Diablo II 'resurrections' expansion last year. :eek:

it's diablo II and original expansion in 3D and 4k graphics! :eek:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Err you get thought processes in you mind? I only get thoughts...
:p

I explained to a roommate some years ago that I don't think in words, but thoughts (i.e. non verbal). His response: "You belong in an ashram."

I woke up today before dawn. Light was just beginning in the skies. My thoughts were all over but came to a problem I have thought about from time to time for years.

Some twenty years ago I went to a user group meeting, it was a monthly affair, an assembling of professional programmers proficient in the database program that I worked in professionally. On that particular day I did a demonstration for all present of an application that I had written for myself that I used on a daily basis. It's rather complex and full featured and one of the people present suggested an enhancement. It seemed like a reasonable thing to suggest but I wasn't sure how smart it would be, how easy, or even if it was possible. It would likely be a major undertaking, I had only the vaguest idea how to go about trying to do it. I have thought about it from time to time, but today, just waking up and thinking about this and that I had some ideas suddenly of just exactly how I could make this change to my system and why it really would be a major enhancement. Yep, 20 years on. I still use this personal information management system, several times daily, checking, adding data, searching, etc. A programmer friend of mine who I knew from grade school likened it to artificial intelligence.

Err, I've never played digital/computer games enough to ruminate about them. Have bought a few I have done nothing with. I'm a pretty busy guy, figure computer games are kind of rabbit holes. I know, they can be fun, challenging, and probably more (which is why I bought them, figured I should check them out).

Last edited: