What's your watch list for the near future?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Originally posted by: Zenoth
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Prypiat
Diablo III
StarCraft II
Mass Effect 2
Half-Life 2: Episode Three

You should take HL2: EP 3 off your list. It sure as hell isn't coming out this year.

What's your point? Mass Effect 2 isn't scheduled for this year for the xbox, which means it won't be out for PC until 2011 at least. And Diablo 3 is definitely not coming out this year. Starcraft 2 probably won't be out until 2010, too.

My list:

Starcraft II
Diablo III
Mass Effect 2
Dead Rising 2 (although I still haven't played Dead Rising, stupid Capcom never porting it to PC and all)
HL2: Ep3
Star Wars: The Old Republic (the MMO that sounds more like a singleplayer Bioware adventure with every update)
Bioshock 2

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Diablo 3
HL2: Episode 3
Bioshock 2
Assassin's Creed 2 (not sure if a PC port is on the table though)

Psynaut

Jan 6, 2008
Originally posted by: Lonyo
Originally posted by: Psynaut
Originally posted by: SunnyD

Fell off my list hard:
Stargate Worlds

May I ask why?

Probably because it doesn't seem to be doing much.
I was interested in it in like '06 or whenever it was announced, but there doesn't seem to be much to hear about, and with the demise of the TV shows I can see it falling out of focus somewhat and being met with a mediocre reception if it ever does come out.

Thanks, I was curious. I signed up for Beta and I drop by their boards periodically. Obviously, no one knows for sure, but the consensus seems to be that they are probably shooting for a Q4 release this year, to coincide with the new TV show Stargate Universe which begins in October, and is slated for 20-episodes in the first season. The new TV show should bring back some hype around the franchise and give them a TV outlet to advertise the show. My biggest concern about the game is that from the videos I have seen the character models look dated, but that could change, I suppose, by release. That said, Beta is later than was promised (if i understand the situation correctly), so they do appear to be a bit behind schedule.

NoCreativity

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2008
Mafia 2
Max Payne 3

Although I guess those may be the not so near future. Until then, it's catch up time.

Frodolives

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2001
Ah, so I see that Dead Rising 2 is indeed being ported to pc, even though the original never has been. It'll be of interest to me, and it makes good sense for them to do this, especially in view of Steam stimulating the pc market in that genre lately ;)

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
near future? looking forward to The Sims 3 :eek:

long-term, I'll definitely be interested in what the bioware Star Wars mmo has to offer.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
near future? looking forward to The Sims 3 :eek:

long-term, I'll definitely be interested in what the bioware Star Wars mmo has to offer.

I guess if anything can get me into an MMO, it will be Bioware + Star Wars... I tried the free trial on SWG a few years back and had no interest, and tried Guild Wars as well.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
SWG was awful, and it just got worse as time went on. Bioware's MMO sounds like it'll be a singleplayer game with a chat interface, but that could be really good

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
New STALKER
Starcraft 2
Mass Effect 2
Bioshock 2
Portal 2 (not sure when this will come out or what it will be called)

Thats it for now... seems odd that they are all sequals, hopefully some good original games will be out sometime this year.

mauri

Jun 4, 2005
For me the list looks like:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Prypiat
ARMA 2
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Mass Effect 2
Alan Wake
Bioshock 2

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Near future?
Nothing.
Eventually?
Deus Ex 3.

Also, there is a new Mechwarrior game in the works.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Here they are:

Max Payne 3
Alan Wake
Wolfenstein
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Deus Ex 3
Terminator Salvation

And also: Thief 4...I really hope it's made. :)