Whats your favorite PC Casual Game...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Currently: Master of Orion 2, Halo 3 with the guys on weekends/friday night

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The most casual game I play is probably Rome Total War. Nice strategy game where I can sit back and think and play at whatever pace I want.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Maybe it's just me, but I think many people posting here are missing what the OP was actually asking. But maybe it's just me...

KT

If that's directed at responses like mine, then no I haven't missed it. I just don't play things like solitaire or mine sweeper, except maybe the odd sudoku or flash games that get posted here. If I want to play something to relax for half an hour, I load up TF2.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: M0R0NI
Windows solitaire for me.

It's hard to beat good old Solitaire :^) Do any of you remember the Qbasic games Nibbles and Gorilla Wars? I recently booted up my old Win 3.1 HD on another slightly less antiquated computer(P2 333 :^P), and had some fun with them. Nibbles ran way too fast on the P2 screamer though LoL. I had to start on the lowest level to even have time to push the buttons :^D

imported_wired247

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2008
If this counts...

I'll go with Vector TD (flash tower defense game, IMO the only tower defense game worth a damn)

and the sequel Vector TDx

that gets my vote for CASUAL gaming

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Meh, I'd say D2 for me, just loggin in to keep my characters alive, I don't play it regularly at all, I guess that makes it my preferred casual PC game.

dlock13

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 2006
I've found the perfect casual game. Audiosurf. Load up your music and ride the tracks with your tunes. It really is awesome.

Feb 19, 2001
Casual? CS:S. I don't care about it anymore. I used to care back in CS 1.5. Ratios mattered. If I wasn't 3-1 or better in pub I would type retry in console and try again. It was ridiculous. We would play that mod NS and scream over the mic about strategy and if people were nubs we would leave in rage. I don't care if I run in 5-5 in a CS:S game anymore. It's cool. Whatever, I just spray and pray (with accuracy though). I don't draw a dot on my monitor anymore so I can AWP without a crosshair and nor do I hold my AK so I can get a running headshot.

Dota is now my hardcore game.

An old casual game for me was BF2. I would go in to rage people. Drive jeeps to intercept planes taking off and cause TKs. LoL. Incite friendly fire incidents and get people booted. Fly choppers out of bounds and cause everyone to bail out or die. I remember circling the water once in the middle of nowhere so people bailed and fell into the water in the middle of nowhere. I think most hit he suicide key to respawn but I'm sure one or two tried to swim away.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
EVE. I like the game, it's pretty, but I don't even have to play it that's how casual it is. I just log on, pick a skill and log off again. The game is apparently playing itself. It's the least amount of effort I've put into a game since I power leveled through progress quest.

For what it's worth, Peggle is pretty damn awesome for a little puzzle game. My friend ended up buying that PopCaps deluxe pack and played through most of the games.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Jets N Guns.
Sometimes Test Drive Unlimited. You can take on an easy race or two, or just drive around.

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Peelback79
^minesweeper. Or Counterstrike. Jump in and relax to some break glass zombie panic. Stress just melts away.

cs has never been stress free for me. i turn extremely aggro during and after playing that game, and I've been playing since '99. hrrm, i wonder if my life would be more peaceful if i finally uninstalled my copy of cs?

nah

peggle has my casual game interest atm coH is following closely second and may overtake this weekend when i buy the full game.

:D

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
You won't believe this, but an old golf-simulation called "Links 2003"...fantastic...extremely realistic simulation.

Brian

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Chess
Its probably the easiest to learn , hardest game to master that exist.
There is also tons and tons of pc versions.