Question What's this about a July patch?

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I keep reading about a July patch from Intel yet Microsoft updated Windows with microcode updates. I've tried nearly any combination you can think of to find a source for this often repeated claim lately and even checked Intel's news pages and can't find a reference to it. What the hell are people referencing?

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
I keep reading about a July patch from Intel yet Microsoft updated Windows with microcode updates. I've tried nearly any combination you can think of to find a source for this often repeated claim lately and even checked Intel's news pages and can't find a reference to it. What the hell are people referencing?

Windows 10 v1903 update. Oddly enough there is an issue with it being installed after AMD's storage/Raid drivers so if those are detected it won't install or even be visible to those users. Not till MS can provide a prereq update that fixes it.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Windows 10 v1903 update. Oddly enough there is an issue with it being installed after AMD's storage/Raid drivers so if those are detected it won't install or even be visible to those users. Not till MS can provide a prereq update that fixes it.
What do AMD's storage/RAID drivers have anything to do with the Intel MDS vulnerabilities?

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Can you link to some of these references?
I've seen them referenced on Reddit's /r/Intel and /r/AMD, as well as the comments sections of some tech sites such as Anand or Tom's. Basically, people bring it up because AMd is releasing Zen 2 7/7 and Intel is releasing some patch or whatever on 7/8.

But when I checked the KB rollouts for Windows 7 to 10 or server, all the CVEs are mentioned.

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
What do AMD's storage/RAID drivers have anything to do with the Intel MDS vulnerabilities?
Crap you can tell what's on my mind. New Windows update on the CPU forum. Mind went to the 1903. Yeah not sure about any update for Intel's new vulnerabilities.

Reactions: A///

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Crap you can tell what's on my mind. New Windows update on the CPU forum. Mind went to the 1903. Yeah not sure about any update for Intel's new vulnerabilities.
I can't blame you. I saw the 1903 scheduler improvements and my minds been buzzing since the news came out. I want to get a 3900X but I don't know whether to wait another year for Zen 3 on AM5? and possibly pci-express 5.0 and wing Windows 10 on my 3rd gen Intel until then.