whats the weirdest thing you have seen while driving?

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
I have a long commute to work so i have gotten to see people do weird things while driving such as:

reading a newspaper

yelling at one another in the car (very animated verbal fight)

a girl drying her underwear (i assume since she had them wedged on the drivers window sill with the window closed while on the freeway)

a car covered with airbrushed very detailed naked women

a few people driving while propping their leg and sticking their left foot out the car window

i have also seen a car lose control in front of me at 1 am in the moring and hit the center divider bounce off and spin across the freeway doing 360s until he hit the curb on the other side of the freeway and then take floor it and took off on the freeway off ramp.....that was very surreal since i saw the drivers face as he spun in front of me..he had a horrified look on his face..i dont blame him....

but the one that takes the cake is the guy i saw eating a cup of noodles soup while reading a book propped on the steering wheel, looked like he was using his knees to steer....all while going 65 on the freeway!

Mike2002

Jan 11, 2004
Probably seeing a row boat not tied to it's trailer get caught by the wind and go flying through the air bouncing off the road. It acutally missed every car aronud it and ended up in the median.

LASTGUY2GETPS2

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2004
Some short guy running across the street with a pig MUCH BIGGER than him on his shoulders. Basically a "Flying Pig'

I <3 China Town.

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
A co-worker of mine saw an Orthodox Jewish man reading the Torah and praying while driving on the highway.

One time one the way home I saw these two kids playing in a hole where a tree was to be planted. The hole was probably a foot or two deep and one kid was sitting in it waving to people driving by, while the other kid sat on the ground next to the hole.

I also saw a jeep do a 270 degree spin when attempting to make a left turn. It was raining and right before it happened I noticed the lack of tread on her rear tires and said to myself "she's gonna spin out." Then the light turned green, she hit the gas, began turning, and spun around, ending up facing the wrong way against traffic. She didn't hit any cars or anything, but she did end up right in front of a tire shop (strangely enough).

Boo025

Oct 6, 2006
I saw a woman doing 140km/h on a highway while eating whopper with her two hands. No hands (or leg) on wheel at all. :S

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Homeless guy wearing nothing other than knee socks and tennis shoes walking along without a care in the world next to I-5 near Portland.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I recall going to work one day, before getting to the highway I came to a light, I look in my review mirror and theres a person in the lane to my left approaching the light going about 60mph or so and I realize he's not slowing down at all, he gets about half way through the intersection and just by chance doesn't hit anyone when he slams on the brakes, locks them up and does a 180. He's sitting there directly facing me looking at me with this stunned look on his face like he just shyte his pants, he then floors it and takes off going down the wrong direction of traffic on some side road.

5to1baby1in5

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2001
Saw a bunch of guys moving with a severly over-weight pickup truck. It had junk piled up to the level of the cab in the truck bed and was towing an older model (heavy) car behind it in a trailer.

I was travelling down the Carefree Hiway towards Phoenix trying to pass them when the whole thing started swaying back and forth due to the excess weight. I backed off, and they managed to get it back under control. They were too stupid to slow down after that, and about one mile later they started going out of control again. This time they couldn't pull it out. The trailer slid over the median, and they hit a palm tree right at the trailer hitch. Both the truck and the car being towed were instantly fliped on their roofs.

My first lesson in max. towing capacity.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Another one I recall was when I was in a traffic jam and I finally get to a point where the cause of the congestion is visible, was some black guy with long dread locks laying in the middle of the highway on the ground with his head cracked open and a pool of blood around him, apparently he jumped off the over pass to commit suicide.

Nasty stuff.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
My wife and I were driving home from a vacation in the western states, and got into some heavy traffic on the interstate going through Missouri. We decided to try our luck with some of the smaller highways we saw on the map, particularly one that went right through the state capitol. As luck would have it, as we got near the capitol we got into some massively backed-up traffic that wasn't moving. After an hour or so, we finally saw the cause: a tractor trailer had overturned on a sharp curve. What was it carrying? Frozen turkeys; they were everywhere all over the road, the medians, the shoulders, etc.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: NuclearNed
My wife and I were driving home from a vacation in the western states, and got into some heavy traffic on the interstate going through Missouri. We decided to try our luck with some of the smaller highways we saw on the map, particularly one that went right through the state capitol. As luck would have it, as we got near the capitol we got into some massively backed-up traffic that wasn't moving. After an hour or so, we finally saw the cause: a tractor trailer had overturned on a sharp curve. What was it carrying? Frozen turkeys; they were everywhere all over the road, the medians, the shoulders, etc.

gobble gobble!

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I can relate two funny stories that must've been right up there with weirdest thing seen while driving.

1) My brother-in-law impulsively bought us two 10-day-old calves. It was cold out so instead of trying to haul them the 80 miles to our house in the back of his pickup, he put them in the cab with him. He drives a little Mazda pickup. He had one calf on the floor on the passenger side and the other on the passenger seat next to him and the entire trip the calf was trying to nurse on his ear. He said every person who drove by did a double take. It was like a clown car when he got to our house with all of them coming out of that tiny cab.

2) This was on the road for 100 miles: http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Bryophyte/bryo_hillbilly_uhaul.jpg It was surprisingly stable because I used good ratcheting tie-downs to secure it.

Jun 19, 2004
I sh1t you not this lady in an Explorer had a CURLIN IRON plugged up, doing her hair, while on the cell phone and smoking!

All while doing 45 in a 55 and swerving.

beemercer

Feb 10, 2006
I saw a guy roof surfing after graduation last year, but because hes an idiot he stayed on top of the car as they passed a cop car (the police in my town have nothing else to do besides ticket teenagers). The cop turned on his lights, and the kid jumped off the roof, but he jumped right into a drainage ditch that proceeds to fall near vertical 10 feet. I believe he escaped with a few broken ribs, abnd the driver lost his lisence for 6 months.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
After years and years of driving rush hour in major city I think I've seen too much crazy stuff to list, but here is a few.

Well dressed woman in business suit driving $70k+ mercedes smoking a 12" long glass crackpipe while stoped in traffic

Women in an SUV shaving her legs while proped on the steering wheel and driving and drinking a cup of coffee

Guy driving in reverse down the freeway in rush hour traffic

Chinese fire drill (everybody jumps out at a stoplight and changes seats), by four guys all buck naked.

Sex in the auto. I've seen this so much it's not even unusual anymore. Guys getting BJ's swerving all over the road, girls sitting in guys lap facing them and blocking view of the road, guys whacking off while driving, girls using sex toys while driving. I guess the boldest was a couple that were parked in the center median in a convertible with the top down durring rush hour making wild monkey love while traffic cruised by at 5mph in both directions

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Weirdest I've seen was a construction zone had a higher than typical concrete barracade, ~4 feet in height, separating the open lanes from the closed lanes - and an suv was stuck hanging on this barracade with both left weels on the other side. I still cannot even vision a vehicle possibly getting into that position...

DCFife

May 24, 2001
I saw an empty trailer come unhitched from the back of an S-10 Blazer on the SD freeway one time. It just kept rolling along making sparks and veering around. The driver realized it almost immediately and sort of "ran interference" for it until it stopped.

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
a man wearing nothing but a baret and socks
riding a lawn mower
with an inflatable sheep on his lap.

I wish I was joking.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Hmm, weirdest thing I've seen would probably be a wheel coming off of a car as it was going ~80mph down the highway.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
I was outside at school one day, and there was some kid showing off to his friends, which were all crowded around a cement barrier that divdes a drop-off zone from a parking lot. Well, this kid decided he would stomp on the gas and get some speed, then throw it intoreverse and pull a 180 a-la Fast and the Furious. Good in theory, except for the fact that he was driving a Ford Ranger. On throwing the vehicle into reverse the truck lost traction, rolled on it's side a good 4-5 times, then proceeded to come to rest on it's roof.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Homeless guy wearing nothing other than knee socks and tennis shoes walking along without a care in the world next to I-5 near Portland.

I waved at you, but I guess you didn't see me :(

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
Originally posted by: eakers
a man wearing nothing but a baret and socks
riding a lawn mower
with an inflatable sheep on his lap.

I think we have a winner. :laugh:

Brackis

Banned
Nov 14, 2004
A dead person with a sheet partially covering their body in the right lane of I-95/rt. 128 while driving to school. Crazy dude had decided to kill himself by running out into rush hour traffic; I drove over his shoe...