What's the point of wearing your hat sidways?

There's a guy walking around here with a hilarious getup on. He's wearing blue sweatpants with flip flops, a bright purple polo shirt, and a white and purple "FIJI" hat (which I think is a fraternity here on campus).

Of course, the hat is sidways, and the guy is doing a funny little strut as he walks around. He doesn't realize it, but he looks like a total moron.

Why do people think this is okay?

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: jumpr
There's a guy walking around here with a hilarious getup on. He's wearing blue sweatpants with flip flops, a bright purple polo shirt, and a white and purple "FIJI" hat (which I think is a fraternity here on campus).

Of course, the hat is sidways, and the guy is doing a funny little strut as he walks around. He doesn't realize it, but he looks like a total moron.

Why do people think this is okay?

That's nothing, one of our facility guys wears a choker chain collar for dogs. :roll:

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
They are usually called T-boys. He probably likes dirty south rap and either drives a tricked out civic or SUV. 2:1 odds on chrome rims.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
People wear hats backwards so I guess sooner or later they would wear them sideways. Maybe he's trying to be like Ashton Kutcher. ;)

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
The simplest explaination is usually the correct one:

People that wear their hats to the side are COOL

AdamSnow

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2002
There's only two kinds of people who wear their hat backwards/sideways

1 - Sailors
2 - Cock suckers

He probably isn't a sailor.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Maybe he's ethnically-challenged? He's trying to be the shiznit, so word up, G! Ya know what I'm sayin'?

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
It's to throw off the aim of thugs and "g's" who shoot their guns sideways.
Really.

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Was behind a guy like that at the checkout @ walmart yesterday. Damn near laughed out loud - then ouf course my daughter asked me (loudly) why he wore his hat that way.
He looked retarded - and I don't mean that colloquially. He really looked mentally deficient, though from overhearing his conversation and the way he acted otherwise, I don't think he was.

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000
i bet he's off somewhere posting on his homeyz.com website that there's some fruitcake following him around watching him.

people think it's ok because it is.

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Originally posted by: bigalt
i bet he's off somewhere posting on his homeyz.com website that there's some fruitcake following him around watching him.

people think it's ok because it is.

Sure it's ok - he could wear a pink polkadot tutu for all I really care, but it's fun to mock them ferociously from the obscurity of ATOT because it looks so retarded :p