Whats the point of Fandango?

ballmode

Lifer
Aug 17, 2005
I don't get the point of Fandango. Unless there was like a discount or something if I saw alot of movies I might consider it, but I don't see why buy your ticket online when you can just do it in person!!!???

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
don't have to wait in as big of a line? good for opening night of movies to not have to worry about it selling out?

thats about it. they charge an extra dollar.

nweaver

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
where we used to go to the movies, the ticket lines were always insanely long. Fandango had 2 or 3 kiosks, so you would walk up, swipe your card, and walk in. Saved 20 minutes, and you knew you had a ticket for the show. Worth the 2 bucks imho

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
There are always long lines at the theaters around here... if I know that I'm going to go see something, I've been known to use Fandango.

nweaver

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
we stopped because we moved, and the theaters here don't have the kiosks, so you still have to wait in line. Those kiosks at Edwards were nice.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
I know for sure I have a ticket. I don't have to get there hours ahead of time if it's opening night for something. I walk up, swipe my card, grab my tickets and go in. There are hardly ever any lines for the kiosks, and if there is it's small. Saves tons of time and hassle. Worth the little extra, imo.