What's the most potent explosive you can buy these days from fireworks stores?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I was just having some fun playing with my new waterproof firecrackers in the bathub, but what's the best you can buy these days? As far as I know M80s are no longer sold - how do M60's compare to a normal firecracker? What fun games can a childish adult do with them?

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
You CAN still buy M80's (and bigger) at reservations.
I bought some big suckers up in Washington state a year or so ago. Damn near a 1/4 stick'O dynamite.

They go BOOM Real LOUD!!

(But cost me $15 a piece!!)

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You take baths? :Q

What about cherry bombs or m80's?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
You CAN still buy M80's (and bigger) at reservations.
I bought some big suckers up in Washington state a year or so ago. Damn near a 1/4 stick'O dynamite.

They go BOOM Real LOUD!!

(But cost me $15 a piece!!)
What will these do if you bury them in dirt - make a decent hole? What can you blow up with them? I've always been interested in just blowing my own stuff up with fireworks since I was a kid.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
firecrackers in the bathtub... I like.:D

I've come across M80's from time to time. They are not easy to find, but are out there. RIght now I've got this quarter stick thing on my desk...

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
um...i'm sure something bad will come out of this post, but my friend owned a lot of fireworks...mostly legal stuff like sparklers, but he also had m80s, bottle rockets, and some other piddly stuff. For whatever reason, we decided to get some pipe from the hardware store and some caps. We stuffed it with crushed sparklers and some stuff from a fountain (i think) and sealed it off. We lit it and i swear it was twice the sound of a 1/4 stick of dynamite. He did different variations all the time and showed me little "landmine" holes in the ground from his experiments, but i think he's stopped doing all this (hopefully).

The point of this post: you don't necessarily need potent explosives to make an impact. If you highly compress anything explosive, it will do you just as well.

-=bmacd=-

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
I make my own as well.

But I NEVER EVER use andthing metal, or ANYTHING that will cause shrapnel!!

Cardboard tubes is what I use.

Hard to do much damage with a cardboard tube...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Spikesoldier
lets not see skoorb in the next update of this ;)
Geeze, I've had a fire cracker blow up in my hand before but that stuff is rude. maybe i'll stick to the firecrackers :eek:

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
When I was a kid growing up in West Germany I had a lot of fun. Would insert an M80 into a roll of toilet paper, add a time delay fuse (taped one of those punts), tie it onto several large helium balloons about 10 seconds later KABOOM confetti all over the school playground then I RAN like hell so I wouldn't be caught.