What's the most expensive program installed on your computer?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
Oh wow,

I'm really not interested in this, but could you tell me more about that?

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: narzy
Oh wow,

yeah sure. blablablablablbla corporate infrastructure blablablab dyanamic blablablabla graphics blablabla servers blablablababla scalable blablablablab

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
You're funny MoOo, if you weren't a cow brethren, I'd have had you disappeared by now.

<ninja>

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
ewwwww....ahhhhhh....tell me more....we've been looking for something with more blab...I'll have to talk to our CTO about this and have our people contact your people...

You know, on second though we could be setting ourselves up for pwnage of the year...say if he posted a screen shot of this application...I'm willing to hedge my bet however.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
ewwwww....ahhhhhh....tell me more....we've been looking for something with more blab...I'll have to talk to our CTO about this and have our people contact your people...

No problem. the price is just a guess since we haven't sold any yet. but i'm pretty sure it's worth that much if not 11ty billion dollars

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
Oh, so you haven't deployed it yet...that could be a problem...unless you're looking for beta testers, would there possibly be a tester discount of some kind?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Mo0o
Oh wow,

yeah sure. blablablablablbla corporate infrastructure blablablab dyanamic blablablabla graphics blablabla servers blablablababla scalable blablablablab

No enterprise synergy, no care.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Perhaps some discount, how does tree fiddy dollars sound? Theres also nondisclosure agreements though. But it's not so bad because you can still kind of hint at the program without really telling people what it is.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
I already did. What do you think something like this would be used for? Think hard.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
How could you say that?!?! Don't you see all that blab?!?!?!

indeed, our firm guarantees that the program will hvae 125% more blablablabla than any other software out there

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Well, if we can count each individual desktop then our copy of Microsoft Windows XP + Office comes out to about 11.45 million.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: SSSnail
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: edro
Shens on the 1.2 Million dollar program.
Imagine a software that lets you reach multiple systems/OS simultaneously and let you access the devices at physical level, then throw in other capabilities such as accessing RAM, and uncover root kits and whack them if need to; then imagine being able to do this anywhere on earth, from any location and scalable to any sized network. Now, since we have the devices at physical level, imagine what ever else we can do with the system, all of this is going on while your production environment is not impacted and you are oblivious of its existence.

Since you said "in an average implementation," I'm guessing the $1.2 million is not per workstation, but rather the cost for the whole organization? Divide it up over the number of systems and get back to us.

The most expensive program installed on my computer is Oracle 10g Enterprise Edition, which I believe runs about $40k per processor. But I got it free from Oracle Technology Network.

It really depends on the implementation, but pricing is first and foremost based on capabilities desired, then infrastructure. So, you can have a few thousand nodes network and pay more than a guy with a few hundred thousands.

Originally posted by: MrPickins
No sense in bragging if you can't provide a name...
I can tell you, but then I'd have to... eh... eliminate you, or something like that.

In other words *bulshit*. The core of my laptop cpu costs couple of billion to develop, MSFT spent $2bil on my vista ultimate, NVDIA poured at least 500mil on geforce R&D and on and on...

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: TallBill
Originally posted by: TallBill
Using the OP's craptastic logic, $6.3 million.

America's Army

Since you are not breaking down by installation/processor then neither will I. :)

LOL, the thing about it is that my system can be whole contained on a single laptop and deployed to the infrastructure at moment's notice.

Mine too.

zing!