What's the most disgusting medicine you've ever taken?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
the really small thin allergy pills that you take one at a time and if you leave them in your mouth for more than just a couple seconds they dissolve really, really fast and taste so terrible...
yeck

Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Just for the sake of something tasting bad, try tasting isopropyl alcohol or Sterno

Forget what they put in it to keep you from drinking it, but I tasted it once just to see. Bad thing.

Isopropyl alcohol isn't denatured, why the f*ck did you drink rubbing alcohol?

I didn't say I drank it, I said I tasted it, same for Sterno.

Ever tasted cologne or perfume right out of the bottle? Bad things!

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
I was given Lidocaine Hydrochloride oral topical solution once. So very horrible. I can't imagine many medicines being worse.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Some cough syrup I had to take a couple weeks ago. I was shocked at how much worse than Buckley's it was.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Just for the sake of something tasting bad, try tasting isopropyl alcohol or Sterno

Forget what they put in it to keep you from drinking it, but I tasted it once just to see. Bad thing.

Isopropyl alcohol isn't denatured, why the f*ck did you drink rubbing alcohol?

I didn't say I drank it, I said I tasted it, same for Sterno.

Ever tasted cologne or perfume right out of the bottle? Bad things!

I imagine it would be bad.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
When I was quite young (5-6) I was given some sort of medication at the doctor's office that was banana flavored.
That made me gag and cough, one of the nurses felt bad for me and offered a sip of her Dr Pepper.
I drank a sip and then promptly puked it all up on the floor. :(

AZGamer

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
Imitrex. Take the pill, the nasal spray - either way, your mouth tastes like chalk for the next 24 hours. Well, I assume that's what chalk would taste like.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Excelsior
I was given Lidocaine Hydrochloride oral topical solution once. So very horrible. I can't imagine many medicines being worse.

Lidocaine is so viscous that trying to swish it in my mouth caused me to vomit. Doctor recommended I swallow the lidocane, and i told him "fxck no" and spit it out and dealt with the pain.

imported_elwood

Jun 6, 2004
"666 Cold Preparation With Quinine"!

Yes - Yes, the name fits the taste! It was like drinking satans ass juice laced with rat poison! Seriously, it's hard to describe the taste as the thin yellow liquid hits your tongue and explodes with the most vile and bitter taste you've ever experienced. The aftertaste lasts forever.

We used to have to take it when i was younger (early to mid 90's) and wanted to stay home from school because i was sick. I think i've taken it two or three times in my life. It's horrible and i don't even understand how anyone would even put such a thing on their shelf for sell, especially something thats to be consumed.

Here's a few pics. I couldn't find any pictures of the one with quinine but it looks similar to what i can remember.

Text
Text
Text