whats the dumbest thing you ever did?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: flamingelephant
had a threesome with a married couple... the wife wasn't all that hot

but the husband was, eh?
HHHDHEHEHEHEHEHHAHAHAHA

Titan

Golden Member
Oct 15, 1999
gee, I guess I'm too cautious and level headed to have done a stupid thing worth mentioning, although i have some very good friends who have done some very dumb things. The stupid stuff I do is really not that stupid, more like creative and fun. Like cramming in the bed of a truck that has a vinly cover with my freinds and have the driver go tearing down dirt back roads with bumps, hills, and sharp turns. That was very fun, but not stupid.

My friend once failed his driving test in an unusual way. He took the road test, did fine, pulled into the parking lot and the guy was like "that was good, you only got 5 demerits" (20 demerits to fail) and while the guy is handing him his slip for the liscence, my friend puts the car in park, it was in drive, and takes his foot off the break, and the car does a typical little lurch forward and he hits the sign in his spot. So the guy is like "well, you hit something so you fail." At least my freind got his money back.

The stupidest thing I ever did was probably ever listening to someone who told me something was just "common sense" like my permit and driver tests, I failed each of mine the first time because I didn't prepare. Knowing how many feet to follow a fire truck doesn't fall under the heading of common sense. In my road test, I missed a couple blinker spots, mainly cuz i checked my mirrors and no cars were coming. and didn't stop before a crosswalk and then stop again where i could see in a blind intersection. I failed my road test for stuff that never would be caught as traffic violations in the real world. Each oof those cases I only barely failed.

I guess it's not stupidity on my part, rather my guidance counsellor in HS, but I was never told that the SATs were important, and the thought never registered. That's what I get for growing up during the politically correct clinton years, no sense of competition or accomplishment needed, just take the test and go to school. I took them and did fine, well above average, but if i studied I could have easily been the top of my class and maybe gotten more scholarships instead of loans. Probably didn't occur to me cuz I never studied in HS, it was plenty easy.

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
Definately would be partying too hard in College and not getting my degree. Now 10 years later I am still going to school at night trying to get my degree.

Titan

Golden Member
Oct 15, 1999
Oh, now I remember the stupidest thing I ever did, it didn't register because the consequences were almost nil.

I was a sophomore in college and our campus is on a hill. I live in the oldest dorms in school at the bottom of the hill, called the pit. It is all single rooms that used to be doubles. I decided I want a lounge chair to sit in and listen to music in in the dark. I noticed some up on the middle of campus in a lounge that I thought were good. My reasoning was, since drunk people get away with stealing stuff all the time at our school, that a sober me could easily get the chair.

So one saturday night, around 2AM, I mention my plan to a friend when I was in his dorm on the hill, that I want to go steal a chair from the louge nearby. He agrees to help me with it.

So, I go to the lounge, grab a chair and my friend goes outside to keep an eye out. Now the doors are narrow and even though they're double doors they have a vertical divider. So I'm trying to squeeze this chair though by myself (hey I'm big, i can do it) and my friend does a lousy job on lookout, and an RA just walking by stops and sees me holding the lounge chair in the doorway. He just stops, looks at me, and points, indicating for me to return the chair. I do so, and regroup with my friend, thinking this sucks.

Well, we try again 20 minutes later and get it out the building, now I have to get it to the path that leads down the hill (the pit path) through the woods, and to the pit. Well said path is about 100 yards away so I start to dash to it, carrying the chair. Right by the path is another dorm, I have to round that side of the building by the trash cans to get to the path. Right then, a van comes flying up the pit path, with a yellow rolling light on top of it. I never saw a car drive on the path but it could fit. My spidey sense kicks in, and I drop the chair by the trash cans, and hide behind the building.

The dorm is H-shaped, and I droppped the chair at one of the corners of the H, me and my friend duck around the other side of the dorm hiding near the woods, and like we're in some x-files episode we see flashlights waving around the nearby trees in our direction. So we make our way all around the dorm, get back to the chair and some drunk kids are going into the dorm pointing to each other and going "hey, don't you want a chair?" and such, but ignore it. I pick up the chair, noticed I broke one of the feet off of it when I dropped it, and continute down the pit path. I had no idea what was up with the van and flashlights, but they were gone now.

So while I lumber down the path with the chair, I discuss with my friend what we would tell someone if were we caught with the chair. We pass a few drunks on the path and they don't care about it. Once i reach the bottom of the path, all I have to do is cross a small road, go down some steps and get in the stairwell of my dorm, and up one flight of stairs is my dorm, right by the stairwell. We get in the stairwell, and I caught a glimpse of car headlights on the road and think nothing of it. I stop at the landing and hand the chair to my friend so I can get my keys out, and as I go up the stairs, I hear the door to the stairwell open and a deep voice say, "drop the chair."

I come back down and my friend sets the chair down, two campus saftey guys are there. so they're like "what are you doing?" My friend is tacit, so I employ my great verbal skills from roleplaying games, and tell him, "well, we saw this chair up by the trash cans up by the dorms, it looked like it was broken (I point to the foot i broke), so we figured it was a thow-out and decided to take it. The guy may think I'm lying but it doesn't matter, he takes our names and student numbers, but nothing ever comes of it. They say the saw the chair there too so they don't know if we're lying. The stupid campus safety guy is then bewildered trying to determine where the chair goes, even though "grahm hall lounge" is engraved inside the legs. He deduces out loud: "this is definitely one of our chairs, a LOUNGE chair." They think it goes to the dorm I dropped it at, when it goes to a different lounge. Great, I was caught by freaking morons.

The epic struggle to get the chair failed, I guess drunk people in school are lucky or something. That was probably the stupidest thing I ever did, since when I was home I found a better chair that fit the bill used for 20 bucks. Yeah and 2AM on a saturday at college isn't late enough, I should have picked 5AM. And the lounge I was stealing the chair from and the door i had to suqeeze trhough was right next to the door of the RDs room, they probably called campus safety.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I read a post by Skywalker66.
rolleye.gif

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
I shaved my pubic hair completely..

and itched like hell.. :(

and stubles were painful too.. :(

Viperoni

Lifer
Jan 4, 2000
Slid my car of the time, a 1986 Pontiac Parisienne, inbetween a semi and a Caddy in order to get to an offramp. Let's just say that fitting a car that's 17.5 feet long in a space of maybe 19 feet at 65mph isn't the smartest thing to do. Especially when it's not the caddy you're cutting off :eek: