Whats the difference?

HoopDogg

Banned
May 30, 2000
MS Intellimouse Optical and something explorer? which is the top of the line and which is the 2nd to it?

I was told the top of the line one is big and bulky, but my dad wants to know which I want for my b-day (i want the 2nd one, whichever it is!!) so please help me out!!

p.s. is it usb?

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
I have optical and i love it. I have it plugged into my ps2 port but it is USB compatible... i just love the back button for net browsing...

didn't work in netscape though :Q

eia430

Sep 7, 2000
I bought the microsoft optical, hated it, stupid to have button 4 on the right side of the mouse. It is in an awkward position so you hit it when you don't want to hit it. When you do want to click it you use a weak finger to push (click) the button sideways, it's very irritating. I chucked that heap of dung for the more expensive but worth it microsoft explorer. On this mouse the two extra buttons are on the left side of the mouse where it is easy to click with your thumb and uses the natural range of motion of your thumb. You could say this is the more "ergo" of the two mice. I can't see cost of manufacturing to be any different on the two mice. I guess microsoft will charge you more for their better design and less for their not so good design. Do yourself a favor and save yourself the extra trip to return the microsoft optical, just get the explorer and be done with it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I found it's action jerky and sticky. It's in a bag in the garage. Also, don't think it works when you do a fresh install after a disk wipe.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
the dang intellimouse explorer i have does not fit my hand. it's not large enough =(

the kensington turbowheel trackball fits my hand =)