What's the difference between these two cards?

eviltoon

Jun 22, 2001
The place I'm going to get this card from have two options. They are both Visiontek Geforce 4 4400 (see below). The one with ViVo out is $20 Cdn more. What's ViVo, and what's DV-i? These seem to be the two distinguishing features. Strange, but the Visiotek site doesn't appear to have two types of 4400 out. Any thoughts on this anyone?

Gf-4 Ti4400-TD 128M DDR w/ TV-out, DV-i, AGP4x
Gf-4 Ti4400-VIVO 128M DDR w/ ViVo, AGP4x

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
VIVO is Video In and Video Out, Basically, you can hook it up to your TV, and with special software, you can record/show whats on the TV to your computer, and vice versa, whats on your computer, to your TV.

TV-Out, Basically like VIVO, but only from your computer, to the TV, not TV to computer.

A DVI connector is a different type of connector to hook up newer monitors (LCDs), I believe there are several DVI -> CRT Adapters out there that you can purchase, if you have a CRT Monitor right now. So if you are looking for an LCD in the near future, I'd suggest getting the DVI.

I assume this is all correct, I don't have an LCD, or mess with VIVO/S-Video.... But I believe all my information is correct.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Oh, I forgot to mention, performance wise, they are the same, just some extra features you may or may not need in those cards. So, if you have no use for any of that, (like me), Just get the least expensive card.