What's the difference between Minolta Dimage XT and XG other than price?

Xenon14

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
The XG is newer, more expensive, and has slight different physical features..very slight. But the dimensions and specs are the same. Is there a feature i'm not aware of? better night shooting? better quality lens?

Funyuns101

Platinum Member
Jun 15, 2002
mday

what do you mean xg is cheap, like the xt is better than the xg?
i figured that the xg would be better since it's newer...
cuz i see both on sale right now... and it's awfully tempting to buy one of 'em~

btw, someone told me taht this lcd scratch easily...
is this person full of it and it's just like any other lcd ?
thanks

Goi

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Minolta Dimage Xt review
Minolta Dimage Xg review

The newer Xg has a 0.1" larger LCD, longer battery life apparently, faster startup(0.8s vs 1.2s), but has no video out(meaning no webcam capabilities), a limited 180min max video recording, as opposed to unlimited for the Xt(limited only by size of memory card), and no Super Fine(TIFF) mode.

It's a hard choice...I'm also torn between these 2 models.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Here is another one for you to think about. I'm thinking about it myself...
The Pentax Optio S4i

4.2 oz with battery
4 mpixels
1.8" lcd
unlimited 320x240 30fps video
3x optical zoom
7 point af

Only thing it doesn't have is a focus assist lamp but apparently the S4 did pretty good without it.
I'm impatiently waiting for dpreview or Steves Digicams to review this beauty.

Xenon14

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Goi
Minolta Dimage Xt review
Minolta Dimage Xg review

The newer Xg has a 0.1" larger LCD, longer battery life apparently, faster startup(0.8s vs 1.2s), but has no video out(meaning no webcam capabilities), a limited 180min max video recording, as opposed to unlimited for the Xt(limited only by size of memory card), and no Super Fine(TIFF) mode.

It's a hard choice...I'm also torn between these 2 models.

Myself and a friend of mine opted for the Minolta Dimage XT. I also got a 256mb sd card for it. The camera is great - battery life not really a problem since it's rechargeable.