What's the big deal about these so-called prisoner abuses

fwtong

Feb 26, 2002
Frankly, I'm surprised that people who have "abused" the Iraqi detainees haven't been awarded medals for obtaining intelligence using any means necessary. I'm just surprised that there hasn't been more "justifiable homicides" because the US Army is pretty much immune to world prosecution.

The world needs to remember that the US can damn well do whatever we want, when we want and no one can stop us.

;)

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5209020

MAW1082

Jun 17, 2003
George Bush and his administration were indicted for War Crimes by the International War Crimes Tribunal after the first gulf War in the early 1990s.

You're right, the United States rules the world with the stick. Nobody can touch us . . . or so we think.

arsbanned

Banned
Dec 12, 2003
Someone touched us. Several times so far. I'm pretty convinced they're going to touch us again too.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: fwtong
Frankly, I'm surprised that people who have "abused" the Iraqi detainees haven't been awarded medals for obtaining intelligence using any means necessary. I'm just surprised that there hasn't been more "justifiable homicides" because the US Army is pretty much immune to world prosecution.

The world needs to remember that the US can damn well do whatever we want, when we want and no one can stop us.

;)

What an asshat post.

And people question that America is arrogant?

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
fwtong, you are making the might makes right argument. In case you didn't know, this is a very naive and simplistic argument that most philosophies, religions, and respected modes of thought are past. One problem with might makes right is that when might is used against you, you will have no argument and no way to complain against it without being hypocritical.

"Frankly, I'm surprised that people who have "abused" the Iraqi detainees haven't been awarded medals for obtaining intelligence using any means necessary."
Do you have ANY evidence they obtained information? Most of the information out there suggests most of these people were innocent and that there was no information to obtain.

fwtong

Feb 26, 2002
I was trying to be a bit sarcastic, hence the ;)

But, in reality, this administration is truly an arrogant one.

fwtong

Feb 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Infohawk
fwtong, you are making the might makes right argument. In case you didn't know, this is a very naive and simplistic argument that most philosophies, religions, and respected modes of thought are past. One problem with might makes right is that when might is used against you, you will have no argument and no way to complain against it without being hypocritical.

"Frankly, I'm surprised that people who have "abused" the Iraqi detainees haven't been awarded medals for obtaining intelligence using any means necessary."
Do you have ANY evidence they obtained information? Most of the information out there suggests most of these people were innocent and that there was no information to obtain.

If they're innocent, why have they been arrested, humiliated and detained for weeks and months without due process?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

If they're innocent, why have they been arrested, humiliated and detained for weeks and months without due process?

That's a question that the U.S. military will answer for and is under investigation for.

You should read up on some of the last couple of weeks' worth of news and you'll know more before asking questions that are easily answered with a bit of reading.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Given posts in other threads, it is likely there are neocons that agreed with the facetious statement anyway. So hopefully our responses were not for nothing! :)

fwtong

Feb 26, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur

That's a question that the U.S. military will answer for and is under investigation for.

You should read up on some of the last couple of weeks' worth of news and you'll know more before asking questions that are easily answered with a bit of reading.

Whatever, I have my doubts about the investigations, because they're not hardly going to have any semblence of being independent or bi-partisan. It's going to end up getting bogged down by partisan politics again, if it hasn't already. One branch of the administration investigating another branch of the administration, with a legislature controlled by the administration, and the administration itself already being highly secretive. That's a not exactly a recipie for a total, complete and impartial investigation.

replicator

Oct 7, 2003
Originally posted by: conjur

Whatever, I have my doubts about the investigations, because they're not hardly going to have any semblence of being independent or bi-partisan. It's going to end up getting bogged down by partisan politics again, if it hasn't already. One branch of the administration investigating another branch of the administration, with a legislature controlled by the administration, and the administration itself already being highly secretive. That's a not exactly a recipie for a total, complete and impartial investigation.

There is no such thing as an impartial investigation and nothing is non partisan.

You gotta weave through it and see that even if it is partisan, which arguments make the most sense to yourself. In politics, nothing is ever neutral, no matter how they try to portray it. People need to think for themselves and not let their chosen leaders do that for them.

However, for this to happen, the facts need to be made public.

Aug 14, 2001

;)

We also have to remember that our current US administration is essentially controlled by God. George W. Bush speaks to the Almighty One on a regular basis. It would be foolish to think that the empires of man would be able to touch an almighty nation under the protection and advice of God.

The entire world is made out of glass and George W. Bush is the Hammer of God, ever ready and willing to smash the world into a thousand shards.

;)

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: MAW1082
George Bush and his administration were indicted for War Crimes by the International War Crimes Tribunal after the first gulf War in the early 1990s.

You're right, the United States rules the world with the stick. Nobody can touch us . . . or so we think.

The ICC wants to indict Clinton for war crimes. The ICC and World Court arent exactly friendly towards the US.

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
Originally posted by: digitalsm
Originally posted by: MAW1082

The ICC wants to indict Clinton for war crimes. The ICC and World Court arent exactly friendly towards the US.

WOWIE WOWIE Clinton did it so it must be OK?

Zephyr