What's the best way to remove ball point pen ink off an LCD screen?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
If that was my LCD and a friend did that, I'd tear him a new rectum.

capa

Mar 31, 2004
Endust for Electronics. I had this exact problem 3 months ago and this stuff works wonders (freaked out cause it was a brand new monitor that I'd carelessly rubbed my pen against). Don't be afraid to scrub a little, the stuff works but it doesn't just melt the ink off.

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
Beat the almighty living crap out of the person who put it there. Although since it's your "friend" who did it, this might be a little difficult.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
that glue that goes on white and then dries clear. it won't remove the ink but you can see through it.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: daveymark
google said hairspray, so I tried that and it worked. :)

hairspray will remove ink

but before anyone gets any ideas bout using it on clothing, you should note, some hairsprays have alcohol in them (maybe all, i dont use the stuff) and can cause color loss in some cases....just dont want anyone to screw something up anytime soon :)

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
What about highlighter? The idiots at work decide to use pens and highlighters on their LCDs for some reason. :|

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003

I was going to say hairspray. Worked on clothes for me. But read that guy's post above me first ;)

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: xSauronx

hairspray will remove ink

but before anyone gets any ideas bout using it on clothing, you should note, some hairsprays have alcohol in them (maybe all, i dont use the stuff) and can cause color loss in some cases....just dont want anyone to screw something up anytime soon :)

It's because of the alcohol that it works. It is a solvent for ink, and sometimes dye. You need to ask yourself when using it whether the solvent you choose to remove a stain will act the same way on whatever is used to color the item stained.