whats the best "bum" sign you've ever seen?

soup or man

Jan 17, 2000
you know...those guys that site on the medians at stop lights with "vietnam vet, need money godbless".

well the best one i've seen is an older guy holding a sign that said "running for president, need funds"

hehe everybody gave him money.

drboogie

Banned
Jun 9, 2000
I saw this one and just had to give the guy credit for his honesty ...

"Homeless and Broke. Need Beer."

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah but his honest doesn't mean you're gonna pay for him to get plastered does it? Like Chris Rock said, if a bum is funny he hasn't been a bum for that long. A real bum is too hungry to be funny.

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
I laughed when I saw a scruffy guy standing near a busy intersection holding a sign that said "Consciencious Objector in the War on Poverty."

I might have given him a couple dollars, but he had misspelled the word "conscientious," so I had to turn him over to the Spelling & Grammar Enforcement League. ;)

Wingnut

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
"Need money for booze, pot, and hooker
--At least I'm not bull$hitting you"

Seriously...:)

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
Brooks, I love that Chris Rock act. I think the best bum sign I've ever seen is "The aliens are coming, help me save the Earth."

Of course if aliens were coming, it would be this exact bum who would save the Earth. My money would definately help too.

markjrubin

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2000
"Why lie? I'd love a beer."

Farbio can vouch for that. He used to hang out by the Florida State Campus on Tennessee street.

marketsons1985

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2000
I can't remember the exact words, but in Toronto, while waiting to see Phantom of the Opera a couple years back,
"Gots to shoot up,
Gimme your cash"
or something like that, it was funny as hell!!

commodore

Jun 20, 2000
funniest bum i ever saw wasn't really a bum, rather a past out college frat boy sleeping on the street corner. his buddies put a sign in his arms saying "my mom didn't send it western union." it was hysterical.

Lorax

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2000
i saw one once with something like "please give me money, god bless" with all these religious symbols on it, but the jesus fish thing was backwards. :)

Lorax

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2000
chansen: the jesus fish thing was used in the old days when christians were persecuted and ridiculed (kind of like today) and to identify other christians you would draw one &quot;arc&quot; of the fish, and the other person would draw the other arc... thats what i heard, i could be wrong. it also kinda represents when Jesus said &quot;you will be fishers of men.&quot; i think.. anyway, the bum had it the wrong way, like ><> instead of <><.

HardTech

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
The only bum sign I've seen is
&quot;I have 7 kids and need to feed them tonight&quot;

my answer would've been to stop having kids and get a damn job, you pervert!!