What's less harmful to you - 1 energy drink or 1 beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
I've gotten into a bad habit of having an energy drink(usually Rockstar or Amp) every day, and I don't think it's good for me. It sure gives me a boost in the morning though.
I like a beer in the evening for supper as well, and combined with not nearly enough water a day, these two habits have to change. Or at least stop one.

I'm guessing stopping the caffeine would be better?

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
One of each? I guess there's worse habits that can kill kidneys and liver faster.

MBony

Platinum Member
Sep 16, 2003
I would have to agree, the sugar is worse than the carbs. Maybe flip flop and only do 1 a day? Actually, those energy drinks are worse, kick them to the curb.

What about that 5 hrs. energy drink that isn't supposed to be dosed with a high amount of sugar?

CRXican

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
you only live once

the way I look at it, it takes hardcore alcoholics years to die so if you're doing maybe 10% of what they do then you'll be fine, the body is quite a machine

Oct 27, 2007
As long as you're getting enough exercise to burn the extra calories (what, 150-200 per energy drink?) you should be fine. Same with the beer if it's only one a day. There's nothing intrinsically harmful (that I know of) in energy drinks, just lots of sugar, B-vitamins and caffeine. Alcohol can have long term negative effects from chronic usage but not from such a small amount.

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
I would have to say energy drinks. Alcohol damages your liver but I imagine all those vitamins/minerals do some damage also.

Oct 27, 2007
Also how much water are you drinking and why do you think it's not enough? It has been conclusively shown that the whole "8 glasses a day" thing is total BS. If you're not thirsty then you're probably adequately hydrated.

Green Man

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
I used to drink Rockstar too, until I found out about its ties to loser douchebag Michael Savage. When I did have energy drinks, it was kind of a guilty pleasure so it wasn't too hard to give up. Plus, what's more disgusting than taurine? Extracted from ox bile or cow urine? (I know it's synthesized now, but still..)
It'd be way harder for me to give up beer.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Also how much water are you drinking and why do you think it's not enough? It has been conclusively shown that the whole "8 glasses a day" thing is total BS. If you're not thirsty then you're probably adequately hydrated.

Probably half that. I notice when I don't drink enough I get headaches, or maybe its the caffeine. :\
Frick I envy those organic crazies sometimes, their organs must be pristine.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Probably half that. I notice when I don't drink enough I get headaches, or maybe its the caffeine. :\
Frick I envy those organic crazies sometimes, their organs must be pristine.

Na those organic people are worse off with those pesticides they use on the organic food they'll die before us all.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Energy drinks have a lot of sugar... that is never good... if you get the artificalk sweetener version... still not good. Beer is much better for your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.