Whats Bestbuy's return policy on software?

Redwingsguy

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2000
I got The longest journey for xmas. I opened it and tried it but dont think its for me. Can I still return it?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
NO. they might let you exchange it for the same thing but that does you no good

Burnt

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2001
theoretically no....but if you complain enough, a manager might let you get something else...highly unlikely though

Sketcher

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
Software and CD's, unless you get a newb who doesn't know any better...

You open it, you own it, you cannot return or exchange it. Company Policy.

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
buy a lamination machine somewhere, laminate the box, then return the laminator after u are done using it.

now u can return the software to bestbuy.

has anyone ever tried this?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
you would want a shrink wrap machine by the way.

yes it has been done and has resulted in arrests

damn

Sep 15, 2001
by my house u can as long as it not marked on u can get some thing the same or get something worth the same price and it depand how old it is well i think that might help oh yeah cal in buena park

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<< I got The longest journey for xmas. I opened it and tried it but dont think its for me. Can I still return it? >>

Basically, you open the package/open the "license agreement" seal on the CD package its yours for good. This is usually the same whereever you buy. Just think what would happen if such returns were allowed. People will buy'em, pirate it and return it.

LethalWolfe

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2001
BB won't let you return it (is there an EB near you? EB has a very liberal return policy). What you can do is exchange it for the same game, then return that sealed copy of the game.

Lethal

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< What you can do is exchange it for the same game, then return that sealed copy of the game. >>

The only hurdle is when they open it before handing it over to you to prevent your idea from working.

LethalWolfe

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2001

<<

<< What you can do is exchange it for the same game, then return that sealed copy of the game. >>

The only hurdle is when they open it before handing it over to you to prevent your idea from working.
>>

Hm. I've never had that happen before. Has this happend to you at BB before?

Lethal

gogeeta13

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000

<<

>>

Lol, get a new avatar, that doesnt work well with you, neegah..

I have never had them open them on me, but I also never tried scamming best buy. I "test" my software before purchasing, so If I get it, I knwo I want it

cuteybunny

Banned
May 23, 2001
first you're telling him how to then you say it's illegal, your point?

<< you would want a shrink wrap machine by the way.

yes it has been done and has resulted in arrests
>>