Whats a good site to compare the candidates side by side?

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
You know how you can goto Circuit City's website, click on two digital cameras and compare all of their features side by side. Is there any site that does this without all of the partisan BS for Obama and McCain?

I'm filling out my absentee ballot this weekend, and would like to have an easy way to compare everything side by side. I've heard so much partisan BS the last few months, the only thing I know for sure is that Obama threw firecrackers at a cat in the third grade, and McCain got so drunk at a party in college, that he walked through a plate glass window.

Thanks.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I had hoped for better, Gobies :( Vote Obama. If not for you, on my behalf since I cannot vote. We will then be interminably joined on a level that cannot be broken.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
You know how you can goto Circuit City's website, click on two digital cameras and compare all of their features side by side. Is there any site that does this without all of the partisan BS for Obama and McCain?

I'm filling out my absentee ballot this weekend, and would like to have an easy way to compare everything side by side. I've heard so much partisan BS the last few months, the only thing I know for sure is that Obama threw firecrackers at a cat in the third grade, and McCain got so drunk at a party in college, that he walked through a plate glass window.

Thanks.

On the issues

good page, though simply quoting the candidates about what they say is a poor way to tell what they really think... It's better to just blindly vote for the color you prefer, red vs blue. And, no, Obama isn't the 'lighish-red' one.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I had hoped for better, Gobies :( Vote Obama. If not for you, on my behalf since I cannot vote. We will then be interminably joined on a level that cannot be broken.

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
I would say determine what issues are important for you, then start googling for print type newspapers or weekly / monthly magazines / real journalism articles to read.

If you stay away from blogs, op-ed columns, and editorials, you can probably find good facts to help formulate your opinion, even if source as a whole might be viewed as liberal or conservative, Democratic or Republican leaning. Just try to stick to articles that make some attempt to just report the facts in an extensively researched manner.

And definitely just completely turn off whatever cable news outlet you may have been watching.

mooseracing

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2006
Originally posted by: mshan
I would say determine what issues are important for you, then start googling for print type newspapers or weekly / monthly magazines / real journalism articles to read.

Only problem with that is most journalism is written and worded to the writers opionion.

You need to find problems or issues that matter to you and see how they voted on related topics to that while they were in the Senate.

For me I'm not voting for someone that doesn't support the 2nd ammend and wants more government handouts but I also support wildlife habitats, which I am getting a barrage of emails from different Natiional Groups I am member of, that basically conflict my opionion.

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: DixyCrat
good page, though simply quoting the candidates about what they say is a poor way to tell what they really think... It's better to just blindly vote for the color you prefer, red vs blue. And, no, Obama isn't the 'lighish-red' one.

I really thought you were going to go to the "black vs. white" place...

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
I didn't say read just one article.

Read a handful of articles that at least make some attempt at real journalism, then decide for yourself.

Plus, if you read in a more fragmented form, you hopefully won't be as susceptible to the highly polished delivery of spin by whatever cable news or talk radio shows one may listen to.

GTKeeper

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2005
If you want to listen to prominent people speak their minds, go watch some people who go on the charlie rose show. He has all his shows online. I get 90% of my info from that. Interviews with Paulson, Arnold, Pelosi, Roubini, CEOs of big investment banks etc. Its a truly great show.