What's a good & accurate programme to monitor your temperatures?

Dec 17, 2004
Any prog is only as accurate as your sensors.
I use speedfan, also for fancontrol. If you know your sensors are off you can set an offset.
In combination with the rm clock utility it makes a pretty quiet system. At idle my cpu fan hardly spins.

mbm is another option.

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
I tend to find that Temp 3 or Temp 1 are the CPU temperatures. What you have to do is go into your hardware monitor in BIOS, record down what your CPU and chipset temps are, then pair them up with the results that match in speedfan. Well, that's how I do it anyway. Sometimes, though, it's evident which is which.

Dec 17, 2004
It's different for every motherboard. For my msi k8n neo4 plat temp1 is motherboard, temp2 cpu and temp3 chipset. Just load your cpu with something like superpi or prime95 and see what temp goes up. Should be easy to figure out, cpu should be the highest under load.

srygonic

Aug 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Vanden
It's different for every motherboard. For my msi k8n neo4 plat temp1 is motherboard, temp2 cpu and temp3 chipset. Just load your cpu with something like superpi or prime95 and see what temp goes up. Should be easy to figure out, cpu should be the highest under load.

Thanks! I'm using MSI K8N Neo4-F. Temp2 goes up when I run Prime 95... What's a generally a safe temperature? Below 50?

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I, personally, don't trust any motherboard temperature sensor. Just buy one from a third party.

Dec 17, 2004
You will probably reach the limit of you proc before you run into temps that are to high. I hit low fifty's on the hottest days with stock cooling. Just test for stability and you should be fine if you have some casecooling.