what's a fun job to have?

SubZeroX

Oct 24, 2001
The only real jobs I have ever had were all in research labs doing experiments, etc. I kinda want to get a weekend job or something coz I am so damn bored. What are some fun jobs? I was thinking maybe working at Starbucks will be cool. Maybe Best Buy or CompUSA will be cool too. Anyone have suggestions? I need something mindless here.

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Well if you like music I would suggest working at your local indie record store. Seriously I think that job would be so much fun because you'd be constantly exposed to new kinds of music. I'm sure the job itself would be sort of mundane (stocking shelves, checkout, etc.), but you'd get to hear good music all day and help others find good music. Seems like it would be rewarding and fun.

That said, I have never worked in a record store. It could totally suck, I dunno. Maybe someone else has and can comment as to their experiences.

l2c

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: luv2chill
Well if you like music I would suggest working at your local indie record store. Seriously I think that job would be so much fun because you'd be constantly exposed to new kinds of music. I'm sure the job itself would be sort of mundane (stocking shelves, checkout, etc.), but you'd get to hear good music all day and help others find good music. Seems like it would be rewarding and fun.

That said, I have never worked in a record store. It could totally suck, I dunno. Maybe someone else has and can comment as to their experiences.

l2c

oooh this is a great idea. it reminds me of "empire records". love that movie!! i've never worked at a record store but the guys who work at the indie ones always look so cool hehe.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Seriously though, it's not the "where" you work, it's the "who" you work with. I sack groceries right now (at least until Wednesday), it's not a great job nor do i get paid much, but alot of my friends also work up there so I still love going to work. Just have fun at your job, no matter where you go. Get to know your coworkers, that is the key.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Whatever you do, trust me Best Buy is NOT worth it. I've been workign there for a couple months now (I also thought it would be a fun place to work at, consdiering I like going to the store and jsut messing around with stuff). There is absolutely too much BS that you will have to put up with. Most employees are the ones that aren't getting anywhere in life that have been workign there for 9 months+ (mean, but true) or about to quit in few months (me). I've talked to lots of people, they said Circuit City is much better place and thats where most ex-Best Buy employees go. I'm putting in my two weeks tomorrow.

And "who" you work with is true for half of it. It doesn't matter how many cool people you work with though, if you hate the stuff you deal with more.

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Originally posted by: weezergirl
Originally posted by: luv2chill

l2c

oooh this is a great idea. it reminds me of "empire records". love that movie!! i've never worked at a record store but the guys who work at the indie ones always look so cool hehe.
Heh, wow I had totally forgotten about that movie--good flick. Another great film depicting the life of an indie record clerk is "High Fidelity" with John Cusack and Jack Black--a must-see IMHO.

l2c

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
anything that dosen't involve garbage, fast food, or dishwashing.

<= washed dishes for a summer and it sucked.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
A job where you are paid, based on your ability to capitalize on people's emotional buying decisions and are not on a set wage. A job where people come with problems and needs, and I can sell them solutions for them. ;)

Looks like commission sales is for me. :D

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
working at a record store is quite fun. I did it for a year. You do get sick of the people asking for the song that goes do da da do de, but it is nice to be able to crank good tunes whenever you want. :)

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
I saw a show on VH1 that had Britney Spears trainer on. He demonstrated how he "trains" and "stretches" Britney's legs over her chest while he rides her thigh and he then turns her around....AAAAAAAAHHHHH........oooohhh, uh.....gotta clean this up now :eek:

joe678

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: MaxDSP
I saw a show on VH1 that had Britney Spears trainer on. He demonstrated how he "trains" and "stretches" Britney's legs over her chest while he rides her thigh and he then turns her around....AAAAAAAAHHHHH........oooohhh, uh.....gotta clean this up now :eek:

hahaha...hooter inspector must rank near the top...

SubZeroX

Oct 24, 2001
hmm, I don't know much of anything about music, so record store probably won't be good for me. I think tutoring will be cool...wait, that would actually require thinking...

Brian23

Banned
Dec 28, 1999
Yeah, it's who you work with. I work at Target, and I like it because a lot of friends work there. It's like High School minus all the crap plus 6.50 an hour.

<------dancing flying butt monkey!

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Selling hot dogs and other ball park fair at the ballpark.... Just make sure you are the guy that gets to walk up and down the stands. Now that builds character.
<-- did it before :p