What would you like to accomplish in your lifetime?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Become President of the US (only a fallback :))
Write one of those books that you put your all in and cant write anything else after, and the world remembers you for it (Candide comes to mind)
Live to be a hundred

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: scorpmatt
Originally posted by: Zebo
Lots of people say travel...What's so great about traveling??? My wife loves it so I do it and I travel to find new places to fish/hunt but inside USA but it sux... as a kid I went all over the world and hated it. Not your own bed, they got foods of the world in every USA city so don't use that as an excuse, foreign languages, third world is dangerous, expensive and freedom restrictive in first world countries... meh overrated all around.

lazy bastard

Not hardly it's just not my thing at all. Whole time I'm on vacation I'm thinking about working on one of my RC planes in my garage AT HOME. Or going the country club with buddies for 18 holes near HOME. Or going fishing at one of the lakes near HOME. etc etc etc

I'm always doing stuff just you can do so much more AT HOME due to familiar places and assets at your disposal.

If you think about it travel is laziness.. what do you actually accompish while traveling?

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: scorpmatt
Lots of people say travel...What's so great about traveling??? My wife loves it so I do it and I travel to find new places to fish/hunt but inside USA but it sux... as a kid I went all over the world and hated it. Not your own bed, they got foods of the world in every USA city so don't use that as an excuse, foreign languages, third world is dangerous, expensive and freedom restrictive in first world countries... meh overrated all around.

lazy bastard

Not hardly it's just not my thing at all. Whole time I'm on vacation I'm thinking about working on one of my RC planes in my garage AT HOME. Or going the country club with buddies for 18 holes near HOME. Or going fishing at one of the lakes near HOME. etc etc etc

I'm always doing stuff just you can do so much more AT HOME due to familiar places and assets at your disposal.

If you think about it travel is laziness.. what do you actually accompish while traveling?

I feel the same way, Zebo, except I have rarely travelled.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
To learn to laugh at life and not take things so seriously. To learn how to be human and how to relate to people rather than just watch them and wish for closeness without knowing how to be close in a proper way.

I've had all the exterior trappings and money things work out well, they're not worth as much as they seemed.

ZV

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: jjzelinski
Originally posted by: edro13
To run a marathon, to own a house, to get married, to have children, to visit Italy, to learn another language fluantly, to have a better grasp on physics, to understand the true nature of light, to memorize every country in the world, to have a garden, to get below 12% bodyfat, to benchpress 200lbs, to squat 350lbs... man... I could go on forever.
You know the "benchpress 200lbs." part is not a whole heck of alot of weight. Sounds like a good place to start.
I already can benchpress 200, but only once or twice. I want to do all 4 sets of 10 at 200.