What would you do?

Sharkmeat

Sep 15, 2000
If you ordered a PNY retail video card and it says maroon color PCB board on the product page and when you get the order you find it is a retail box with a green color PCB board,What would you Do?.

BTW I wanted it to match the inside case color with lights an so fourth you get the picture.I,m waitting to see what the vendor reply will be.It came in a retail box with game so I,m not sure if the vendor has a recourse to PNY.Dose PNY haft to sell the color that is stated or can they use green for purple to replace retail box cards.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
If your son was at home, crying all alone on his bedroom floor because he's hungry, and the only way to feed him is to sleep with a man for a little bit of money?

Seriously, I don't know what to do :)

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Is it the same product? If the product is marked on the board itself as what you ordered and it came in the box marked as the make/model that you ordered, WTF does it matter what color the cilicon is painted??

nik

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
I dunno, I'm trying to understand your perspective but I can't help but roll my eyes and think to myself I'm glad I never got involved in retail.

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
I think the proper question should have been:

Pop quiz , hotshot. You ordered a PNY retail video card. It says maroon color PCB board on the product page. When you get the order you find it is a retail box with a green color PCB board. What do you do? What do you do?

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: kevin000
I think the proper question should have been:

Pop quiz , hotshot. You ordered a PNY retail video card. It says maroon color PCB board on the product page. When you get the order you find it is a retail box with a green color PCB board. What do you do? What do you do?

Shoot the hostage!! :p:p

: ) Amanda

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
PNY Verto? GeForce4 Ti 4600 Review
  • "...The other thing I noticed was it?s swank maroon color. The size, coupled with the unique coloration and the Nvidia heatsink and fan make for a visually appealing card. It's just begging for a case window designed to show this thing off!"
This whole case modding ish is ghey to me, but after reading about the time and money people spend detailing their cars, this is small potatoes!

If your primary reason for buying that particular card was the color, stick to your guns, lavender though they may be! :p

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Ornery
PNY Verto? GeForce4 Ti 4600 Review
  • "...The other thing I noticed was it?s swank maroon color. The size, coupled with the unique coloration and the Nvidia heatsink and fan make for a visually appealing card. It's just begging for a case window designed to show this thing off!"
This whole case modding ish is ghey to me, but after reading about the time and money people spend detailing their cars, this is small potatoes!

If your primary reason for buying that particular card was the color, stick to your guns, lavender though they may be! :p

Yes, but hundreds of people see your car, how many see your computer? I'm only for case modding if it makes your experience convienant, like cutting holes on the side of your case and putting controller plugs there.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You have no idea how many hours people put into their cars! And for stuff nobody ever sees! The cost for auto "upgrades" etc. dwarfs the cost of computer mods by a factor of ten! I agree with you on functional mods, but I'm always amused at the AMD users saving a few dollars for AMD rigs, then spending all those savings for mega noisy cooling solutions and hideous blow holes etc. Heh, guess they don't call 'em AMD fan boyz for nuthin' :p

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Heh, guess they don't call 'em AMD fan boyz for nuthin' :p

What?!?What? No, seriously....what? I can't hear you over this Delta 38 next to my monitor.....

:D

JC